Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdoch scum

That'll be Sky News hoping to show their "independence"...

Comment

Murdoch scum

Anyone with the Halifax? They're predicted to be about to follow Ford. Give them an email.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Meanwhile, the chairwoman of the Press Complaints Commission, Baroness Peta Buscombe, which concluded in November 2009 there was "no new evidence" of widespread hacking at the News of the World following earlier Guardian revelations, admitted she had been "misled" by the News International paper.

Buscome said: "There's only so much we can do when people are lying to us. We know now that I was not being given the truth by the News of the World."
        Feeble, feeble, feeble.

Another resignation.

Apparently had her arse kicked by Andrew Neill. Proving again that only lefties have any interest in this story.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Are you saying that Neill is a leftie? I got to clarify this.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Not wanting to distract from the main subject, but Buscombe seems to have a history of public service that consists of campaigning for advertisers to do what they want. She's "credited" with influencing the previous government's obesity strategy, which gave marketers an easy time.

Thanks.

Comment

Murdoch scum

atlanticjaxx wrote:
              Are you saying that Neill is a leftie? I got to clarify this.
              I'm being sarcastic unless stated otherwise.

Apparently she got a bit rattled and called him "Neil" in the interview.

Comment

Murdoch scum

If true, Rebekah Brooks's statement is one of the most remarkable admissions of grotesque incompetence of all times.

It must've been great to work at the NoTW in 2002. Presumably you could have done a mountain of drugs at your desk all day and she wouldn't have noticed.

But it's important not to personalise this. A fish rots from the head, as Ursus said on Twitter, and the whole scummy lot of em want dragging through the streets for this.

Comment

Murdoch scum

If true, Rebekah Brooks's statement is one of the most remarkable admissions of grotesque incompetence of all times.
                  Not to mention that it's illiterate:

I hope that you all realise it is inconceivable that I knew or worse, sanctioned these appalling allegations.
                  Nobody's suggesting you sanctioned the allegations. Pretty sloppy from someone who has made a career of journalism (unless of course it was an incredibly cunning avoidance of the issue).

Comment

Murdoch scum

Signed the petition linked to by E10.

And here's a youtube link to Adam Boulton asking spiffy cunt Simon Greenberg at NI about the "inconceivable" line as referenced by atlanticjaxx upthread.

Comment

Murdoch scum

It's not going well for Uncle Rupert over here, either.

The Post's 180 degree turn on the DSK case (recall their "Frog Legs It", "Pepe le Pew" and "Le Perv" headlines from last month) is absolutely breathtaking it its cynicism, and they are going to have an interesting time trying to prove that an alleged rape victim is a public figure for purposes of US libel law.

More on the Post coverage here.

Comment

Murdoch scum

You aint seen nothing yet.

Channel 4 News have just alleged that the NOTW targeted a policeman investigating two of their own for murder. The police allegedly confronted the paper years ago, and nothing more was heard of it.

The wife of the policeman (an obscure TV presenter) has confirmed that she's been told she was targeted.

That's worse than anything so far, isn't it?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Easyjet, Virgin Media and Tesco have also pulled adverts.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Tubbs, I honestly don't understand your penultimate post. Can you provide a bit more detail?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Fuck me, some corporate Murdoch cunt on now trying to justify Brooks leading the investigation.

If it's necessary to ask her questions, she'll get asked them. And we can only be judged on our actions since January or something.

Comment

Murdoch scum

He means this, ursus.

I know it's stupid, but

Comment

Murdoch scum

If I could post similar things (not just puppets, obviously - things which show a similar level of contempt) for Murdoch, NI top execs, the police and a large chunk of the political class, I would.

Comment

Murdoch scum

ursus arctos wrote:
                                    Tubbs, I honestly don't understand your penultimate post. Can you provide a bit more detail?
                                    I was a bit overexcited.

Private investigator found dead in a car with an axe in his head 24 years ago. Investigation seriously fucked by police corruption. New head of investigation appointed in 2002(?) for fresh start, appeal launched on Crimewatch etc. Some private investigators "linked to" the NOTW were suspected. This policeman finds himself being spied upon by a van, van rented by the NOTW.

Met apparently met NI in 2002 and put the allegations to them, but not known what happened next. The policeman's wife (who presented Crimewatch) told 2 months ago she might have been hacked.

Apparently it's been suggested they were interested that the policeman and the TV presenter were having an affair. Interesting, seeing they were married.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Theeres a great parsing of the Rebekah brooks letter here

Comment

Murdoch scum

The revelations that are coming out tonight are incredible and take this to another level.

(1) Channel 4 news: NOTW had murder detective under surveilance in 2002, and Rebekah Brooks was told by police about it.

(2) Tomorrow's Indy front page:Rebekah Brooks commissioned Milly Dowler phone hack herself http://twitpic.com/5lq1db

Absolutely astonishing, and Brooks will be gone by tomorrow afternoon, surely.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Derek beat me to it. Here it is to save you clicking on his link:

Comment

Murdoch scum

Gotcha.

Comment

Murdoch scum

You know, I feel a bit ashamed of myself posting that, it drags me down to their level. But I'm going to let it stand, because I'm so pissed off over this, but impotent.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Front cover of Indie and..

sw2boro wrote:
                                                Gotcha.
                                                Gave me goosebumps

Comment

Murdoch scum

Bruce Foxton: vindicated at last.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Robert Peston on BBC news reporting that NI have passed a bunch of emails to police which detail payments made to police (which is, just to underline, an illegal act in and of itself), and which reference (or perhaps were sent by) involving Andy Coulson.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X