Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdoch scum

Hugh Grant is playing a blinder on this. Notonly was he the one that first suggested that Minnie Dowler's phone had been hacked but he has just been on Radio 4 saying that allowing Rebekah Brooks to be in charge of an internal enquiry into this is like "Hitler investigating wrong-doing in the Nazi Party" and "it isn't in the name of the journalism as these papers don't deal in journalism"

Comment

Murdoch scum

Perhaps the reason why the Mirror isn't throwing stones presently

Comment

Murdoch scum

they concluded that this must have been done by Milly herself and, therefore, that she must still be alive.
        It would obviously give you hope, but, 13 year old girl goes missing and someone is using her mobile, "it must have been her" is a bit of a stretch even if you (understandably) hadn't considered it might be a journalist. Perhaps it's just been phrased badly and I'm nitpicking.

Wouldn't normally expect immoral practice to dent the sales of a tabloid, but with the widespread sensitivity around child killers this could be an exception. It would be good to see, even if it is just defecting to other redtops or the Mail on Sunday.

Petition signed.

Comment

Murdoch scum

E10 Rifle wrote:
          Every single person on this thread needs to badger Jeremy Cunt to stop the BSkyB takeover.

If you really care about this, do this. Now.
          Done it, but wasn't that a bit out of date? Didn't mention these particular allegations.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Rebekah Brooks statement

Dear All,
            When I wrote to you last week updating you on a number of business issues I did not anticipate having to do so again so soon.

However, I wanted to address the company as a matter of urgency in light of the new claims against the News of the World.

We were all appalled and shocked when we heard about these allegations yesterday.

I have to tell you that I am sickened that these events are alleged to have happened.

Not just because I was editor of the News of the World at the time, but if the accusations are true, the devastating effect on Milly Dowler's family is unforgivable.

Our first priority must be to establish the full facts behind these claims. I have written to Mr and Mrs Dowler this morning to assure them News International will vigorously pursue the truth and that they will be the first to be informed of the outcome of our investigation.

Our lawyers have also written to their solicitor Mark Lewis to ask him to show us any of the evidence he has so we can swiftly take the appropriate action.

At the moment we only know what we have read.

Since 2006, when the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) seized the documentation from the private investigator Glen Mulcaire, News International has had no visibility on the evidence available.

The process of discovery is complicated. The MPS first present relevant documents to potential victims. We only see the evidence much later during the legal process.

This morning, in our regular Operation Weeting meeting, we have offered the MPS our full co-operation to establish the veracity of these fresh allegations.

I have also written to the chief constable of Surrey police. Although their nine year investigation is now complete, I want to offer our co-operation should they intend to discuss this matter with us.

I am determined that News International does everything it can to co-operate fully and pro-actively with the MPS, as we have been doing for some time, to verify the facts so we can respond in a robust and proper way.

It is almost too horrific to believe that a professional journalist or even a freelance inquiry agent working on behalf of a member of the News of the World staff could behave in this way.

If the allegations are proved to be true then I can promise the strongest possible action will be taken as this company will not tolerate such disgraceful behaviour.

I hope that you all realise it is inconceivable that I knew or worse, sanctioned these appalling allegations.

I am proud of the many successful newspaper campaigns at the Sun and the News of the World under my editorship.

In particular, the 10-year fight for Sarah's Law is especially personal to me.

The battle for better protection of children from paedophiles and better rights for the families and the victims of these crimes defined my editorships.

Although these difficult times will continue for many months ahead, I want you to know that News International will pursue the facts with vigour and integrity.

I am aware of the speculation about my position. Therefore it is important you all know that as chief executive, I am determined to lead the company to ensure we do the right thing and resolve these serious issues.

We will face up to the mistakes and wrongdoing of the past and we will do our utmost to see that justice is done and those culpable will be punished.

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Avaaz petition has been around for a while, so obviously doesn't mention the most recent allegations - nothing to stop you personalising the message (as I did) with something related to them.

5Live apparently got some complaints for Hugh Grant saying 'crap' and 'bollocks' during his interview. It'd be neat to say the real problem with the interview was Paul McMullan talking crap and bollocks, if that wasn't to minimise the insidious weasel words that McMullan was spouting.

frontier psychiatrist, think the sentence would read better and more accurately if you substituted 'might' for 'must' in both instances. In that situation you're going to be clinging to any straw.

The NotW scum didn't consider that, or that they might prejudice the investigation - which they bloody well should have done. Their conduct remains absoultely unconscionable, and I hope there are jail sentences well up the chain. When it's a matter of corporate culture, everyone in the chain of command bears responsibility.

Comment

Murdoch scum

In a saner world, the vile crassness of these lines

I am proud of the many successful newspaper campaigns at the Sun and the News of the World under my editorship.

The battle for better protection of children from paedophiles and better rights for the families and the victims of these crimes defined my editorships.
                would sink her and News International completely

While I am on that point, a lot on here, like me I am sure, are reposting to Facebook and Twitter and whatnot and I think it may be an idea not just to say Brooks or NOTW but name and point the finger squarely at Murdoch and News International and/or Newscorp. The press are careful not to mention them as being to blame but they are and there is no reason for everyone to be so coy and let them off the hook

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Avaaz petition has been around for a while, so obviously doesn't mention the most recent allegations - nothing to stop you personalising the message (as I did) with something related to them.
                  I am ambivalent about how out of date it is, the point still stands. Indeed, I have just reposted the link to the Hillsborough Sun Boycott Facebook page just to remind people that they have previous

Comment

Murdoch scum

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote:
                    Rebekah Brooks statement

Dear All,
                    When I wrote to you last week updating you on a number of business issues I did not anticipate having to do so again so soon.

However, I wanted to address the company as a matter of urgency in light of the new claims against the News of the World.

We were all appalled and shocked when we heard about these allegations yesterday.

I have to tell you that I am sickened that these events are alleged to have happened.

Not just because I was editor of the News of the World at the time, but if the accusations are true, the devastating effect on Milly Dowler's family is unforgivable.

Our first priority must be to establish the full facts behind these claims. I have written to Mr and Mrs Dowler this morning to assure them News International will vigorously pursue the truth and that they will be the first to be informed of the outcome of our investigation.

Our lawyers have also written to their solicitor Mark Lewis to ask him to show us any of the evidence he has so we can swiftly take the appropriate action.

At the moment we only know what we have read.

Since 2006, when the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) seized the documentation from the private investigator Glen Mulcaire, News International has had no visibility on the evidence available.

The process of discovery is complicated. The MPS first present relevant documents to potential victims. We only see the evidence much later during the legal process.

This morning, in our regular Operation Weeting meeting, we have offered the MPS our full co-operation to establish the veracity of these fresh allegations.

I have also written to the chief constable of Surrey police. Although their nine year investigation is now complete, I want to offer our co-operation should they intend to discuss this matter with us.

I am determined that News International does everything it can to co-operate fully and pro-actively with the MPS, as we have been doing for some time, to verify the facts so we can respond in a robust and proper way.

It is almost too horrific to believe that a professional journalist or even a freelance inquiry agent working on behalf of a member of the News of the World staff could behave in this way.

If the allegations are proved to be true then I can promise the strongest possible action will be taken as this company will not tolerate such disgraceful behaviour.

I hope that you all realise it is inconceivable that I knew or worse, sanctioned these appalling allegations.

Although these difficult times will continue for many months ahead, I want you to know that News International will pursue the facts with vigour and integrity.

I am aware of the speculation about my position. Therefore it is important you all know that as chief executive, I am determined to lead the company to ensure we do the right thing and resolve these serious issues.

We will face up to the mistakes and wrongdoing of the past and we will do our utmost to see that justice is done and those culpable will be punished.
                    In other news, OJ Simpson has vowed to continue his 16-year fight to find the real killer.

Comment

Murdoch scum

I wonder if Levi Bellfield's QC, Jeffrey Samuels had this information a couple of weeks ago if it would affected the outcome of the trial?

Cant see how Brooks has the temerity to use her position at News International to promote her own innocence. Adam Boulton was quite good whilst interviewing the New International spokesman on Sky earlier.. he quoted this part of the Brooks statement.

"I hope that you all realise it is inconceivable that I knew or worse, sanctioned these appalling allegations"

And asked why it would be "inconceivable"

Comment

Murdoch scum

In a world where I have power to make things happen -

The Independent calls all the papers, agree to all run with this as a front page story.
                        The Independent then has a massive NOTW/Sun logo on it's front page with the heading - Look at all the front pages, now look at the Sun/NOTW.

That would be the best front page ever.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Seeing as the Met and Surrey Police are in this up to their caps, do we need a foreign force to conduct the investigation? There’s a very glib answer to which one it should be.

Comment

Murdoch scum

In my experience, the various UK police forces are far more independent of each other than you'd expect. And they all hate the Met.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Top story on Bloomberg right now, with Murdoch's mug accompanying the headline.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Fair point Mitch, but I’m not sure it’s the independence from each other that bothers me the most.

Comment

Murdoch scum

That's a great observation, AB. I just stole it for twitter.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Yeah, but it was more incisive when he was golfing every day instead of doing a 9-33 stretch in Lovelock.

Comment

Murdoch scum

RE Brooks Statement.

Does that also double as "I hope you realise it is inconceivable that I knew what my staff were doing"?

Either incompetent or a viscious liar. I suppose the former is preferable though hardly something to be proud of.

Anyway, I doubt very much she knew nothing of this. Pleasant she is not, but also, she is not stupid.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Not sure if anyones as angry as I am, but if so here a couple of good sites with emails and twitter names and stock messages to send to advertisers...

emails
                                        twitters

Comment

Murdoch scum

Its inconceivable that one of those people from that newly discovered lost tribe in the Amazon delta could have been aware.

Its not inconceivable that the boss of her employees working in a professional capacity would know, these scumbags tampered with police evidence in the case of a murdered 13 year old girl, perhaps even as she was being killed.

another petition, apologies if its been posted before

Comment

Murdoch scum

Fuck me, fuck:

John Whittingdale, the chairman of the culture, media and sport select committee, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that phone hacking at the News of the World should not taint the rest of Rupert Murdoch's empire.

"You cannot necessarily condemn the entire of News Corp just because of the actions of some individuals in another part of the organisation," he said.

"News International is a part of News Corp but it's a different part. News Corp is a global enterprise and I don't think one should condemn the entire organisation because something very clearly was going wrong in the News of the World."
                                            Horseshit. Maybe you can tell me whether it's the nice bit that's taking over BSkyB or the bad bit?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Adam Boulton was quite good whilst interviewing the New International spokesman on Sky earlier.. he quoted this part of the Brooks statement.
                                              What, mad Adam Boulton?

Comment

Murdoch scum

This cunt on The Telegraph has hit the nail on the head:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/davidhughes/100095338/what-is-the-bbc-really-trying-to-do-with-its-milly-dowler-coverage/

What is the BBC really trying to do with its Milly Dowler coverage?

The BBC’s treatment of the hacking story suggests the Corporation still sees the value of blackening the reputation of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire as thoroughly as possible whenever the opportunity arises. As the Beeb’s own Robert Peston notes, it leaves hanging in the air the idea that News Coporation may not be a fit and proper company to acquire complete control of a major broadcaster.
                                                You'll be heartened to hear the comments are not having any of it.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Apparently Ford have pulled their advertising from the News Of The World.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Bored of Education wrote:
                                                    Adam Boulton was quite good whilst interviewing the New International spokesman on Sky earlier.. he quoted this part of the Brooks statement.
                                                    What, mad Adam Boulton?
                                                    Yeah I know, I expected more of a puff piece, but Sky was going for it. I thought he got the spokesman to say some stuff that may look bad in the days coming up.. Rupert Murdoch stands by Brooks etc..

Bit of madness cant be all bad can it

Comment

Working...
                                                    X