X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdoch scum

No further comment necessary

Murdoch scum

This takes the affair to a whole new level of both immorality and criminality. Hopefully this might shake some of the mroe complacent members of the press and parliament out of their complacency.

Is it too much to hope that this might scupper Murdoch's BSkyB deal?

Comment

Murdoch scum

I don't think the hag Brooks is going to survive this one.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Lead item on the 5Live news. Think this may be tricky to brush under the carpet.

The BSkyB deal is a done one though.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Bloody hell.

Comment

Murdoch scum

This is beyond even what I thought was possible from the red tops. Comment seems almost superfluous, to be honest. What a bunch of cunts

Comment

Murdoch scum

Jesus.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Scum is being too kind and is insulting to scum.

(If true of course)

Comment

Murdoch scum

Er Liquidatore wrote:
                  This is beyond even what I thought was possible from the red tops. Comment seems almost superfluous, to be honest. What a bunch of cunts
                  Glad you said that because I was feeling like a naive bastard for not having expected this.

What did Cameron say about Vince Cable's comments on Murdoch? "totally unacceptable and inappropriate".

He's going to need some strong words for this.

Comment

Murdoch scum

If you don't think it's appropriate to treat News Of The World as a valid publication and a normal member of the 'media family' after today's mindbogglingly vile revelations about their methods, Tweet @talksport (who have NOTW's Neil Ashton coming up on air) to tell them so, or email the studio http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff

Comment

Murdoch scum

...or text 81089, if you don't mind throwing some pennies their way in the act of complaining.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Now apparently allegations they targeted the parents of the Soham murdered schoolgirls and Colin Stagg.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Wow. I'd love to know how people would justify reading it now, never mind supporting it. Truly vile.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Hugh Grant turns the tables

Edit: a few months old, but I hadn't seen it before

Comment

Murdoch scum

Another NOTW hack on now talking boxing. Rub the Dowler family's faces in it, why don't you.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Got to be a public enquiry (under a judge, not some Fleet Street "insider") in this?

Comment

Murdoch scum

E10 - I saw Paul Mason link to the NUJ Code of Conduct. Has the union ever expelled anyone for gross breaches of it, such as this?

Comment

Murdoch scum

They really are a gang of shitty-arses.

And would I be right in assuming that the private investigator would have got her mobile number from a bobby?

This story lead on ITN earlier and I would assume is likely to lead to a wave of national revulsion. For a couple of weeks, like with the Lady Di carry-on.

The way a reporter on ITN was talking, mind, this is only the start of the unpleasant surprises, as if several other cases are going to lead to trouble for various papers and public figures.

But this, it really does shock me. Her poor bloody family.

I watched the news with our mam and dad earlier and our mam reckoned that "they"* had been sniping at Milly Dowler's mother over the period of the story (couldn't think of a better word), I'd never noticed that, but if so, I dunno, I can't express myself properly on this, but it's so low and fucked up.

I'm used to our press being bastards, I guess one has been become worldly-wise about it, expecting it, shrugging in the main, but what the hell went through their heads - even if no executives commissioned the actual phone-tapping, senior news staff would have seen the copy and understood how it had been obtained.

And to think the NotW used to sponsor the Met's football team.

*unspecified media outlets, the general buzz I suppose.

Comment

Murdoch scum

NHH, I think in the past, yes, but less so now. Not least because these days there are likely to be very many fewer members of the NUJ at a viciously anti-union place like the NOTW.

I'll try and find out though

Comment

Murdoch scum

The only thing that will save this going Supernova is The Dowlers reluctance to take this to its legal conclusion. No one would blame them for settling out of court.

But can you imagine the court case if they didn't settle though? Would the NOTW hire a top QC to put them through the shit they have just been through? Could the details of Milly Dowler's phone become public knowledge because of this?

This is staggering, explosive.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Settling out of court wouldn't help the NOTW, would it? The damage would already have been done.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Currently 4th place on The Times website, underneath a picture of Prince William landing a helicopter.

Not on the Sun's at all.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Nothing on the Mirror's website either.

What a curious oversight.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Small solace in the fact that Murdoch lost nearly a billion dollars with MySpace, which he dumped earlier this month.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                                  Settling out of court wouldn't help the NOTW, would it? The damage would already have been done.
                                                  Only mentioned because it's their modus operandi

Scroll down to 5.1

Comment

Working...
                                                  X