Pulp aren't really all that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's me explaining the similarity of your and McMullen's viewpoint followed by you agreeing with me;

Bored of Education wrote:

The point about how McMullen's argument applies to you is that you both appear to be in agreement that a performer's supposedly "courting the press to promote something" justifies them losing a certain level of privacy, though you may differ on what that level is.

Yes, I probably do but I am talking specifically about people approaching famous people in the street, pub wherever and talking to them rather than being papped.
    Yes, I saw that and you can see the qualification.

Comment

Your "qualification" is immaterial, the difference between yours and McMullen's viewpoints is only on the level of loss of privacy that is justified by a performers "courting the press to promote something".

Comment

Actually, I am not even sure that MsD is agreeing with you. She hasn't mentioned Hugh Grant or the situation surrounding him. In this respect, there are two different conversations going in.

We appear to be in agreement as to how you've approached this thread.

MsD clearly doesn't like you while I clearly do ( and I think UA does as well ) but I think we're all expressing the same exasperation as to how you've conducted yourself on this thread which should tell you something (as should the fact that I mentioned my concerns fraternally in a PM before putting anything more combative on here).
        What that has got to do with anything. I take all your points but I am happen to that the three of you are wrong. It's not like I am Tony Montana here. Why on earth would I suddenly change my mind when I have been consistent throughout? I have no idea why you are mentioned a PM conversation and it is somewhat out of keeping with usual OTF behaviour to do so.
        The point about the three of us concurring is that from three wildly differing places ( MsD generally being very combative with you, me usually being very well disposed towards you, UA who seems commonly acknowledged to be one of the fairest arbiters here) we all seem to be in agreement about how you've come across on this thread, both in terms of the points you appear to have been making and the way you've behaved overall.

Given as I've only referred to things I initially decided to put in a PM and now have decided to put in the forum I have hardly broken any confidence or members' club rules.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
          MsD generally being very combative with you, me usually being very well disposed towards you
          It didn't help that his first word to me on this thread was a dismissive "Bollocks", but I really should ignore him and chill, and will try to in future. What a waste of time, except that it has given me a tangential idea.

Comment

Your "qualification" is immaterial, the difference between yours and McMullen's viewpoints is only on the level of loss of privacy that is justified by a performers "courting the press to promote something"
            Yes and I said that my level was in being approached in pubs and his in having their phones hacked which are wildly apart and nowhere near me sharing his quote and his opinion which is what you originally were intimating. I mean, you appear to be having problems reading my posts so, if that wasn't clear, that is the case.

The point about the three of us concurring is that from three wildly differing places ( MsD generally being very combative with you, me usually being very well disposed towards you, UA who seems commonly acknowledged to be one of the fairest arbiters here) we all seem to be in agreement about how you've come across on this thread, both in terms of the points you appear to have been making and the way you've behaved overall.
            Well, yourself and MsD aren't people I look to for comment or approval on my participation of threads. UA is but I happen to disagree with him on this. The whole "intervention" language is somewhat patronising as well

Given as I've only referred to things I initially decided to put in a PM and now have decided to put in the forum I have hardly broken any confidence or members' club rules.
            That's what I mean. You were repeating stuff on here that you put in a PM so why refer to the PM? It again looks somewhat patronising

Comment

Fascinating thread. It's taken me two days to finish it. For the record, I've never met PJ Harvey. I've no interest in her music, and, if I were to be pushed to express an opinion, I'd say that she was in dire need of a pie.

Comment

Who isn't.

Comment

I had a pie for lunch, so I'm good for now.

Comment

Summer pudding is what I crave presently

Comment

Somebody's just eaten something pesto based. It's making me really hungry...

Comment

Back to the subject matter, the public voted with their feet, and were right - end of the pier Roxy Music fronted by the world's oldest undergraduate were never bound for long term chart success. C'est la vie.

Comment

Theres a couple of hours Ill never get back, thank god for the peer to peer joke.

Two things have bothered me throughout this thread, firstly I was sure it was Steeeevie hassled by PJ Harvey and not Gangster Octopus. Secondly Peter Green had the breakdown while Mick Green just shook all over.

Comment

Such details were the ones that I could only think that Harry was referring to by saying I was lazy, well, those and constantly getting MacMullan's name wrong. I find it really hard to refer back to details in a long thread while in "reply" mode. I must be missing a trick there somewhere

Comment

Working...
                            X