Clear All

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Gangster Octopus wrote:
    No.
    Yeah but I have a contract, you see.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Etienne wrote:
      Prior doesn't have the range of shot to be a success in ODIs. He can't pierce the cover field because he can't place it well enough, his cuts and pulls that are regular boundaries in test only get one to sweeper fielders and he doesn't use his feet much.
      It seems funny then that these don't get cut off in test matches.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Different fields, bowling, bowlers and scoring pressure. I mean, obviously you know this, but Prior's played 68 ODI's and averages 24 with a SR of 76. If you only have three or four scoring shots then that hurts you in ODIs.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Sure, that isn't very good. He's been put in too high a few times though, where he does get found out badly and tries too hard. Wouldn't have thought he'd let anyone down at 7 or 8.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Sure, that isn't very good. He's been put in too high a few times though, where he does get found out badly and tries too hard. Wouldn't have thought he'd let anyone down at 7 or 8.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Bloody hell - ten wickets!

Cook outhitting Keiswetter a bit of a surprise, too.

Nicely set up for Saturday.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

How's the weather?

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Well, it absolutely pissed down yesterday and last night I was feeling prety down about the prospects but I've woken up to sunshine although there's a bit of dark cloud about.

The forecast for the day is pretty good after midday, which is promising.

Truly, some of my most miserable sport-related experiences have involved hanging around cricket grounds waiting for rain to stop, so I'm feeling a bit happier.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Good luck.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Outfield all screwed up by a Jon Bon Jovi concert. Sri Lanka opened bowling with Dilshan.

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

Yes! I'm sure Mrs. C's in for an enjoyable evening...

Comment

England v Sri Lanka 2011

That's one way of putting it.

Great day, as it turned out, beautiful weather after about 11.00 and a good contest.

Keiswetter and Cook set off like a train and it was their early push that ultimately proved decisive although Trott produced a sound knock.

I was genuinely concerned when Mathews and Mendis were together and really playing well but they just had a bit too much to do.

1-2 down, 3-2 up; good effort England against a very capable one day outfit.

Comment

Working...
                          X