Fags, man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fags, man

The only homosexual, who's picture was aforethough when replying to this thread.

I am not usually so dense, sorry.

Comment

Fags, man

A better answer, though, slightly rough sounding

(well, it IS music, after all)

Comment

Fags, man

Greg Dulli, the Cincinatti Gainsbourg.

Comment

Fags, man

Sad fanboy confession time. (And apologies to those of you - most likely all - who have heard this before.)

In 1982 I took part (as an extra) in the video for Bauhaus' cover of 'Ziggy Stardust', after hearing an appeal for 'crowd members' on the John Peel show, the night before.

It was set in the bowels of the (not-yet-refurbished) Roundhouse. Took nearly all day, it did! Halfway through the day, at about lunchtime, everyone was on a brief break, mostly hanging out in the foyer of the place, above. Me and my college mate were sitting to one side, leaning back against a wall, when Dan Ash came over and threw his fag-butt in a (sand-filled) fire-bucket next to me. We shared a nanosecond of eye contact, but once I knew he wasn't looking anymore, I fished the lipstick-stained butt out from the sand and pocketed it!

It took pride of place, pinned to my bedroom wall (with a small explanatory note) for years after!

Filming was still going on at the end of the afternoon when me and my mate Dave had to leave. As we were passing the entrance to one of the tunnels that radiated out from the central cellar-like area, we spotted Dan Ash, relaxing between takes. Dave took the opportunity to ask him the obvious question "Why 'Ziggy Stardust'?" but he simply gave the answer we knew he would: "Why not?" Aloof bastard!

Still cool, though.

Comment

Fags, man

Gerontophile wrote:
            (I will gladly remove this picture for several reasons, but the main one being, its not what I meant, but the only thing I could think of at the time. Sorry Mr Somerville)
            And the winner of Best Post Vetted By Lawyers is...

Comment

Fags, man

This is Tex Williams. You'll be unsurprised to learn that he died of lung/pancreatic cancer in 1985.

Comment

Fags, man

Is it time to break in a tobacco-centered playlist?

"La cigarette" by Sanseverino

Dramarama - Last Cigarette. borderline crap band with good (and highly appropriate) single

"...SO GIVE FATIMA FOR CHRISTMAS...MORE AND MORE SMOKERS AGREE..."
                http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/old_radio_commercials/Fatima_Cigarettes.mp3

Brian Ferry - Smoke gets in your eyes

Smokey Day - The Zombies

Lubos Fiser - Dense Smoke (off of Valerie and Her Week of Wonders soundtrack)

Magnetic Fields - Smoke and Mirrors

Alan Hawkshaw - Smokey Joe

Françoise Hardy - Chanson Noire off one of her most underrated albums, Entr'acte

Comment

Fags, man

The Clash have smoked a few fags in their time:

Comment

Fags, man

Comment

Fags, man

Comment

Fags, man

Ash from my cigarette drops, I can’t figure it what’s taking baby so long.
                        She’s missed her bus, may be caught in the rush or perhaps my directions were wrong.

It’s almost time, boy. Drink up your wine, boy. I’m smoking a long cigarette, I’m hoping my baby will come along yet. Tonight I’ll be lonely, why evens I’ll bet some other sucker she’s met, smoking her long cigarette.

Comment

Fags, man

Too big but very beautiful

http://raredeadly.tumblr.com/post/4681007976/i-find-this-photo-to-be-rather-disturbing

My favourite smoking photo of many Mick Rock photos of Bowie from 72-74.

Comment

Working...
                          X