George Davis is innocent

Thanks to Jimmy Pursey ...

Comment

George Davis is innocent

What about the cockney kids?

I've a feeling they might be angels with dirty faces

Comment

George Davis is innocent

What I found quaint back in 1975, when the protestors dug up the Headingley pitch, was that the BBC just pointed their camera at the covers, stuck a message up saying "Test match abandoned due to sabotage of pitch" and that was that. I sat staring earnestly at it through the entire morning session expecting something to happen.

Comment

George Davis is innocent

In today's FT, Matthew Engel notes that "the words 'George Davis Is Innocent OK' immediately turned into a national catchphrase".

I have no idea whether this is true or not, but I don't understand what the "OK" at the end adds to the message. Why not just "George Davis Is Innocent"?

Comment

George Davis is innocent

Everything had "OK" added to in the seventies. It was what we did.

Comment

George Davis is innocent

I don't understand what the "OK" at the end adds to the message
                Dunno which is the chicken and which the egg, but the Sham 69 song had OK at the end, so maybe it was for reasons of scanning along with their 3 chords?

Comment

George Davis is innocent

After all the campaigning to free George Davis in 1976, he got himself sent dahhnn for two further robberies soon afterward.

You just can't help some people.

Comment

George Davis is innocent

Although I was only seven when the George Davis stuff hit the headlines, I can still recall the "George Davis Is Innocent" graffiti scaring the life out of me. I had no idea who George Davis was and no idea what "innocent" meant; all I could see was George Davis graffiti, all I could hear was news reports about George Davis.

And whenever I asked my father who George Davis was, he replied, correctly as it happened, "You don't want to be worrying about who George Davis is".

I think I'd watched The Changes on television shortly beforehand and thought that George Davis may have been connected to it in some way.

Comment

Working...
                    X