Heineken Cup final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heineken Cup final

Is anyone watching this? Northampton are in the process of executing one of the biggest collapses in rugby history.

They were winning 22-6 at half-time. Now it's the 56th minute and they're losing 23-22.

Great response by a Leinster team who looked fifth-rate before the interval, especially in the scrums.

Heineken Cup final

Leinster 26-22, after a Northampton player gets caught offside in front of his own posts.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Nathan Hines barrels over for another try. 25 unanswered points in 24 minutes for Leinster. This is hilarious.

Sexton adds the conversion. Make that 27 points in 25 minutes.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

And so it ends, 33-22, Leinster crowned European champions for the second time. I've never really been a rugby fan, but even listening on the radio, you can appreciate the extent of Leinster's comeback.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Unbelievable. That was almost like Istanbul - perhaps not quite as impressive a recovery, only rather than just recovering in the second half, we blew them off the pitch. Magnificent stuff.

TV companies should pay me to go to European finals, you know...

Comment

Heineken Cup final

(Leinster coach) Joe Schmidt on Wednesday - "I always think of a final as two 40-minute periods..."

No shit.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Apparently the Leinster team received a passionate half-time team talk from one of their players (the fly-half, sorry, forgotten his name) that was precisely about Liverpool's comeback in Istanbul.

I guess from now on, Rugby teams all over the world will be citing Leinster's comeback here, as their inspiration.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Jonny Sexton, bless him.

Sean O'Brien "The Tullow Tank" named ERC Player of The Year as well.

Mentalist game as well. Saints looked utterly shot in the second half, you wonder whether their grim defensive slogging match against Leicester (they made 140 tackles) took its toll.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Only just noticed this, Like Toro I was lucky enough to be in the stadium and it was one of the most astounding sporting contests I've ever seen.

The comeback outdid Istanbul for me and I could only compare it to that Spurs 3 Man U 5 game a few seasons back (with the stakes being much higher, of course) or the 99 RWC semi between France and the All Blacks that I was also lucky enough to attend.

I took along a mate who has been very cynical about rugby for a few decades and is now fully converted back to the possibilities of the game.

Comment

Heineken Cup final

Just watched the Munster-Leinster Magners League Grand final - great game of rugby.

Comment

Working...
                    X