Going, gone or just gossip - summer 2011 transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce had been watching Gyan before the WC. It was down to Gyan or Cabanas. He's the Paraguayan who was shot in the head in Mexico, we already had two Paraguayans at the club and he was first choice. Gyan was the alternative apparently.

Sunlun have now leaked the loan fee in a pretty obvious attempt to pacify fans rage and confusion over recent events. Its a world record according to The Times & Mail: £6m for a 12 month loan plus we contribute nowt to his £100kish a week wages.

As long as we dont make a loss on him I dont care where he goes or what he does when he finally leaves.

Comment

Sundeporino wrote:
      My man on the inside said towards the end of last season that both Gyan and his entourage were the most unpleasent individuls he'd encountered in the game......and like a naive fool I hadnt believed him.
      His cretinous "look at me" dancing after his rare goals is certainly unpleasant.

Comment

Isn't that equally true of, ooooh...off the top of my head, 468 other players?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to see much of Real Madrid this season beyond the Super Cup (both legs) and the game against Dinamo Zagreb. I know that they haven't played much more than that given the strike in Spain, but the announcers during the Dinamo-Real match specifically mentioned that Nuri Sahin hasn't seen any action. Is this true? If so, as I wrote when this transfer happened, it was (and now is) a horrible move for him. He could be starting every game *and* playing in the CL for Dortmund and instead he is yet another young player sitting on Real's bench. If Ozil gets hurt or is subbed, I would have to think that Kaka is next up, as was the case during the Super Cup if I remember correctly.

Comment

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
            Etienne wrote:
            Karl Sent has just given Stracqualursi a slagging on twitter: "i watched him several times in argentina this spring, i remember thinking he looks like a centre-back being played up front powerful, strong in the air, good shot but movement was poor, little finesse, dodgy touch..."

He also thinks Ruiz is a disastrous buy for Fulham, poor last season, terrible in Gold Cup.
            Who is Karl Sent?
            Only just saw this... I assume Etienne means @karlsentk on Twitter. He's a very nice chap, who's a sometime journalist and head scout at A Biggish European Club (I'm not sure whether he likes it being public knowledge which one, as he was quite drunk when he told me). I met him just before the Copa América, and he got absolutely smashed, kept buying me and Joel Richards drinks, and telling us what intelligent and well-informed writers we were. It was a pretty funny night, that.

I know what he means about Stracq, but think he deserves a bit more of a chance. Although apparently he's only 6'4"ish, not 6'7" as I said further up the thread.

Comment

Working...
            X