Going, gone or just gossip - summer 2011 transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to be a revolving door summer at the KC, although it looks like POTY Anthony Gerrard won't be here, mainly due to Cardiff asking £3million for him. Great player, not worth anything like that though.

Nigel Pearson seems keen to carry on building his Man Utd youth/Leicester rejects hybrid team by recruiting Steve Howard.

Comment

That £3m figure has been bouncing around Cardiff since Gerrard's return but I can't see it being genuine.

Much of the support hopes Gerrard is back as a fixture in our defence under a new manager next season anyway, given that Jones bombed him out for no good footballing reason that anyone can see.

Comment

I remain wholly baffled there's no site (at least that I can see) that does a comprehensive ins and outs for the top four divisions. I suppose it's a bit of a hassle, keeping track of whether a player has been signed on a free transfer while under contract, or released and signed by another club, and keeping track of youth team players signing professional deals must be a bit of a nightmare. But still, in a football-saturated media you'd expect it. But then, I'm still having to make do with Soccerbase instead of a proper bells and whistles stats site.

Oh, and Watford - waiting to see what happens really. Derby are sniffing around John Eustace but unless they offer him stupid money (unlikely) then I'm pretty hopeful he won't move. Realistically someone's going to take Danny Graham, it's just a matter of how much. We've also got possible income from a sell-on with Ashley Young. And Nathan Ellington and Mat Sadler are finally off the wagebooks. Unfortunately it looks like our great white cash hope Scott Loach has steadily played his way out of a big money move, culminating in him being dropped from the under-21s squad (he started the season with a full England call-up).

Otherwise, I'd say it's a left-back (we had a bid turned down for Rhoys Wiggins of Bournemouth before the loan deadline in March) and an experienced player to replace anyone we lose. I suppose Malky might pluck some kid from Scotland or the lower-leagues on a cheap deal, but otherwise it's going to kids from the Premier League on loan. I'd happily see Andy Weimann and Jordon Mutch back (but I think he may be playing for Birmingham in the Championship!).

Comment

Looks like Killie will need a new penalty taker as it would appear Jamie Hamill is on his way to Hearts.

Comment

Man United close to signing Lens defender Raphael Varane, the article going on to say that Stekelenburg is now preferred to de Gea.

Comment

Bayern Munich, who have three international strikers, and play with 1 up front, have signed the second division's top scorer. Very odd.

Meanwhile, they let quite promising youngster Mehmet Ekici join Werder Bremen.

Comment

It's like Chelsea going... well we've got Drogba, we've got Torres, we've got Anelka... is Barry Hayles available?

Comment

And now they've just sold Altintop to Madrid.

Comment

Jimmy Bignutz wrote:
                    Bayern Munich, who have three international strikers, and play with 1 up front, have signed the second division's top scorer. Very odd.

Meanwhile, they let quite promising youngster Mehmet Ekici join Werder Bremen.
                    He was on loan to Nuremburg for the past season, chose to play for Turkey and is slowly making his mark there so a first team position was essential for his future. Do you think he could have made it at Bayern?

Comment

I think he deserved a chance, but I can see that he might have got more opportunities at Werder Bremen, so it's probably a decent move for him.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                        That £3m figure has been bouncing around Cardiff since Gerrard's return but I can't see it being genuine.

Much of the support hopes Gerrard is back as a fixture in our defence under a new manager next season anyway, given that Jones bombed him out for no good footballing reason that anyone can see.
                        We heard round here it was something to do with "fitness issues". Quite ironic given that Jones later signed Ginsters shareholder Jon Parkin.

Latest rumours are we'll sign Chris Iwelumo if Howard doesn't come, and a swap deal involving David Norris and Jimmy Bullard *crosses fingers*

Comment

Interesting day for Brighton yesterday. First it was revealed they had failed in a couple of bids to nick Will Buckley off us (Watford) for an undisclosed fee (the largest supposedly 500k). A move presumably orchestrated by John Stephenson, their head of recruitment, who moved from Watford to Brighton in the spring, and was the man who brought Buckley to Watford.

Then they signed Will Hoskins from Bristol Rovers for 500k (again, 500k supposedly). 20 goals in a League One relegation season this year, but was released by us last summer after 3 1/2 pretty unimpressive years. A player described by Watford blog BHappy as "one of those players who perpetually looked like a decent striker having an off day." So we'll see how well he does at this level. Sub at best, I'd say.

Then last season's top scorer Glen Murray announced he was leaving, which I find somewhat odd. He's supposedly going to Crystal Palace, who surely have a smaller budget than Brighton these days, yet it's apparently about the money? Surely it can't be for footballing reasons, with Brighton on the up and Palace now perennial strugglers. Perhaps any Brighton fans could fill me in?

Comment

All New George wrote:
                            and a swap deal involving David Norris and Jimmy Bullard *crosses fingers*
                            Has no chance of happening at all.

Comment

jose enrique is as good as out of nufc, if the sheer volume of tattle is anything to go by. he's one more year on his contract that he is dillying-dallying about extending, and we are being consistently linked with anybody fitting a basic template (young, african, playing in ligue 1).

liverpool, they are whispering, or bayern or milan will have the opportunity to watch an excellent left-back making all sorts of things look easy (before having the odd mare).

i've come to accept the guy will more than likely be on his way, as he is capable of playing at a much, much better level than what we can offer at the moment. i just don't want him to go to bloody, ruddy, fucking, bugering liverpool.

Comment

Four foreigners have been released by Gaziantepspor, three of them played in the final league game today. Julio Cesar and Jorginho are the two you will have heard off, Cristian Zurita has also gone, I would have kept him, and the last is the out on loan Kaka lookalike Beto.

Comment

Frank De Boer says that Marten Stekelenburg is Manchester United's second choice goalkeeper after de Gea, but SurAlex is a little worried that de Gea might be too young.

Crewe have offered Clayton Donaldson a staggering £7000 per week to re-sign with the Railwaymen which is almost exactly ten times their average wage. They've promised to sell him this time next year if he will re-sign.

Comment

David Agnew wrote:
                                    All New George wrote:
                                    Not least, for the very good reason (which I'm sure DA knows) that Norris is out of contract and so nothing to do with Town any more.

Comment

Watford have turned down a £2.5 million offer for Danny Graham from QPR. According to Colin he hasn't been given an open chequebook, but hinted he'll have more than the £2 million Sheffield United gave him. We're sorely in need of strikers so whoever comes in will be a reference point as to how the club intends to proceed in the prem. Kinda Stokeish probably.

Comment

Timewaster wrote:
                                        David Agnew wrote:
                                        All New George wrote:
                                        Not least, for the very good reason (which I'm sure DA knows) that Norris is out of contract and so nothing to do with Town any more.
                                        Gah, more local paper nonsense.

Something not from the local rag is that we're on the trail of an unnamed midfielder who, if we get him, will 'surprise a lot of people'. Cue those donkeys years old rumours about Nicky fucking Butt.......

Comment

I've just realised writing 'Nicky fucking Butt' is open to all kinds of interpretation. For shame.

Comment

In total contrast to last summer, Forest may have to actually buy someone.

We have 6 players out of contract:
                                            Kelvin Wilson - Gone to Celtic
                                            Robert Earnshaw - New contract? Norwich sniffing
                                            Dele Adebola - Likely to retire
                                            Nathan Tyson - Released, Derby interested.
                                            Julian Bennett - Probably released
                                            Can't think of last one at the moment. Will add to this post later when I remember it.

Rumours:
                                            David Norris in on free.
                                            Kris Boyd if Earnshaw leaves. Can't afford wages of both.
                                            Joel Lynch is interesting Bristol City.
                                            Need a centre-back to replace Wilson.
                                            Need a left winger to replace Tyson.

STILL NEED A FUCKING LEFT BACK:
                                            THAT'S 3 FUCKING SEASONS WITHOUT A PROPER FIRST CHOICE ONE. IF BILLY EVEN THINKS OF PLAYING GUNTER THERE ALL SEASON, I WILL NOT RENEW MY SEASON TICKET!!

Comment

Ancelotti gone from Chelsea.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
                                                My 6 year old has declared he's in an angry mood!

Comment

Someone, and I'm guessing Man City, must've come in with a massive bid for Falcao, which Porto have accepted. He sat out the Portuguese Cup Final this afternoon, apparently because of an injury, but he looked fine when he was celebrating the victory on the pitch with his team-mates.

His clause is for €30m, I'm guess who ever's bought him has paid more.

Comment

Mick Jones has been scouting Montpelier striker Olivier Giroud for QPR. I know nothing about him but his goals to games ratio is decent.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X