No announcement yet.

The greatest ever cast in a forgotten film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermission is a movie that deserved a much bigger audience that it got. Cillian Murphy, Colin Farrell, Colm meaney, kelly mc donald, shirley Henderson, Roose Bolton and Varys from Game of Thrones. The opening scene between Colin Farrell and Kerry Condon (who appears in better call saul as Mike's daughter in law apparently. It's a long way from Thurles to New Mexico) is extraordinary. It's the best thing Colm Meaney or Colin Farrell have ever done, and it's close on being the best thing that Cillian Murphy has done.

This is the first hour

This is the final forty minutes.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 19-08-2018, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
      Emilio Estevez film "Bobby " is,like "Peter's friends " another case of getting all my mates together to make a film but it's still a hell of a cast
      Martin Sheen
      Emilio Estevez
      Anthony Hopkins
      Sidney Poitier
      William H Macy
      Helen Hunt
      Sharon Stone
      Lindsey Lohan
      Elijah Wood
      Christian Slater
      Demi Moore
      Ashton Kutcher
      Shia Le Boeuf
      Laurence Fishbourne
      Yes, that is quite a cast. And you've even missed out Harry Belafonte. Although, you may think me harsh but i think choosing an ensemble film might be cheating just a little bit for the purposes of this thread.

Comment

There's a great, recent SMERSHPod episode on "Hell Drivers" which I can thoroughly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
          Kelly's Heroes isn't forgotten. I mean, it probably is by millennials, but so is almost all of cinema and it was on TV loads when I was growing up.
          It was on ITV4 yesterday afternoon.

Comment

I've never seen It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World but I've heard it referenced a bunch of times by comedians, critics, etc, so it's not really forgotten. But perhaps it's only remembered because of the star-studded cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
              I've never seen It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World but I've heard it referenced a bunch of times by comedians, critics, etc, so it's not really forgotten. But perhaps it's only remembered because of the star-studded cast.
              Yeah, it's as cornball as fuck. The star-studded cast is really why you'd watch. It's also a very sexy film if you want old movies as 'time machines', as I do.

Comment

Working...
              X