Things about Euro 2008 you're already annoyed by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking all-lower case player names on the back of shirts. Is nowhere safe from Shoreditch twattery?

Comment

On that same shirt-based subject, the Puma (or puma, probably) shirts are all exactly the facken same.

Credit to Ursus for pointing this out back in the Spurs thread, with reference to the African national sides puma have signed up.

But that's got to be the least effort anyone has ever expended churning out a range of shirts for different national teams.

I'm sure the thousands saved in the design department are reflected in the shirt prices for the public, though.

What?

Oh.

Comment

Whoever this new BBC commentating chump is saying "Jurgen Macho shoud actually be pronounced Mako, but we'll stick with what we know" and proceeding to wallow in his ignorance for the rest of the game.

Comment

The Respect patches on the shirts annoy me.

I'm pretty sure Pleat referred to Portugal as Portsmouth at one point last night.

Comment

No sure if this has been mentioned in the discussion of the Puma kits, but not content with going with such poor template kits, Puma seem to have forced (one can only assume that they haven't chosen this willingly) the managers of their sides to wear what I can only hope are Puma logo badges on the lapels of the jackets. The worse alternative possibility being that the jackets are produced with the Puma logo embroidered onto them.

Comment

Constantly calling Germany "The Germans"

I didn't hear "The Austrians" or "The Croatians" earlier on

Comment

Jonathan Pearce.

Comment

-Alan Shearer saying that everything about an item on Domenech's supposed astrological obsession "except Garth Crooks" was all over the place, when what he was clearly thinking was "including Garth Crooks", and the way Shearer sneeringly dismissed the astrologist- not because he was an astrologist- but because his surname was Winkelmann and he had long hair.

-Bastian Schweinsteiger's hair.

Comment

Teams scoring goals while I'm refilling my wine glass.

Comment

Never mind Motson, never mind Alan Green even ...
                      Mark Twatting Lawrenson and his belief that he's funy

Wanker

Comment

Merlin the happy pig wrote:
                        Jonathan Pearce.
                        I disagree, the best commentator at the tournament.

That is perhaps the faintest of praises but he is hugely better than I ever thought he would be during his radio career and early TV work.

Comment

Can you watch that RTE player overseas? none Irish watchers won't understand the setanta Ireland spoof, but it's very funny. I like the other two apres match sketches.

Comment

I must admit that I slagged him (Pearce) on the Germany v Poland thread earlier, and he has been the least annoying that I have heard him.

Comment

I wish the BBC would give him the final, I presume it will be Motson which will be a major black mark before it's even started.

Comment

The fact that four matches in, we're still waiting for a game in which both teams score...

Comment

The RTE player didn't work for me, aiatl, but I don't know if it was my location or something else.

Comment

Nor for me, within Ireland only I think.

Comment

The live matches are Ireland only. The analysis and after match stuff is world-wide.

Comment

The fact that I haven't seen any of the fucking games yet.

Comment

you missed very little by missing the opening game or the first game today.

Comment

I'm idly wondering if any of the people on this thread complaining about the Euro 2008 ball have actually taken any shots with it themselves, and, if they haven't, why they are bothering to complain about what they're blindly guessing its physical properties are.

It's the footballing equivalent of denouncing a film without actually watching it. We have had a grand total of six goals in the first four matches, none of which remotely resembled a long-range shot, which would suggest that the ball is fine and that certain goalkeepers are getting in their excuses before the event.

Comment

Ball controversy at start of major tournament shock.

What do I know though. Setanta have the rights here for all but a few games and no, Foxtel, I am not going to be paying for yet another extra channel.

Now, must get some money on Croatia as they stumble through before winning it.

Comment

It's bollocks, isn't it? Every tournament, we hear that the new ball is too light, moves too much in the air, etc. I was re-reading "All Played Out" recently, from the 1990 World Cup, and someone's going on about it in there (I thought they used the same old Tango for about 100 years straight, but what do I know). If they were right every time, they'd be playing with a helium balloon by now.

Comment

Nico Rijnders wrote:
                                                  The phrase "The Germans".

Teams like Spain and Holland being said to have underachieved "just like England".
                                                  Has anyone actually said that about Holland? Wow. Surely Holland are the perennial example of an over-achieving football nation, in terms of population/success.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                                                    The almost total lack of FC United references to bore my mates with.
                                                    When you say 'almost'...?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X