County Cricket 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

County Cricket 2011

Chopra, though he had some nice flourishes and technique at times, never remotely looked capable of getting double-hundreds for Essex. What's happened to him?

Comment

County Cricket 2011

He's still only 23 or 24 isn't he. Maybe just taking a while to live up to his youth promise, when he was a FEC.

Rain at Taunton with Somerset 222-2 off 27 overs vs Glamorgan, Trego with 100 off 59 balls. Only thing that will save us.

Holland are really doing well, 2 wins and a single run defeat so far, and had Sussex in trouble too, though Goodwin and Yardy have rescued it a bit.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

The rain did give Glamorgan a chance, by reducing it to a 20/20 match, but after getting to within 24 runs with 2 overs to go, they fell short.

One of Trego's many sixes.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Lancashire now three wins (and one 'almost') out of four.

I continue to pinch myself.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Today, there has been/is still and will continue to be (hopefully) a stable and high-quality stream for Sussex Nottinghamshire CC1 on: http://mypremium.tv/

Sussex 105-2 at lunch. They were 100-0 a few mins before lunch was called.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Wonder if the presence of Broad, Swann, Prior, Yardy and Wright will add anything to the attendance.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Well, bringing Swann and Broad into a winning side has certainly had an effect on the performance. Broad in particular has been very poor.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Windies are playing a test against Pakistan in Guyana today (they are 116 for 2 as I write).

Here's what Chris Gayle is thinking about, via his Twitter feed

Big Bad Zohan want to cut hair..all him Mom n Dad & Chris all lol lol..dwl follow your dream Zohan lol lol

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Christ, what the fuck has happened to Kent.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Gutted that Cambridge didn't manage to beat Surrey by an innings.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

pebblethefish wrote:
                        Well, bringing Swann and Broad into a winning side has certainly had an effect on the performance. Broad in particular has been very poor.
                        They looked, perhaps understandably, rusty from what I saw. Good stuff from Sussex though. They bowled quite fiercely and very well in Nottinghamshire's 1st inns, esp Anyon.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Seems to be raining in Leeds.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Lancashire dismiss the old enemy for 141 on a Liverpool track that was supposedly not offering much to bowlers early on. Lancs finish on 56-1.

I'm still waiting for the wheels to fall off but I'm enjoying the ride until it happens.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Yorkshire's batting has been pretty terrible so far this season.

The key for Lancs so far is that they are batting much better than last season. If they can keep that up they should do OK. Somerset's dodgy start and Notts collossal injury list are helping them out, but I'd still think that both them and Durham would finish ahead of Lancs by the end of the season.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

So Graham Napier thwacks a record 16 sixes in a knock of 196 at No8 for Essex at that posh school in Croydon. He might not be the most elegant of players but by Christ, he has a bat like a traction engine.

Though looks like an utterly docile pitch as Surrey too are now making hay on it. They won the toss as well.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Martin Crowe?

WTF is up with that??

Comment

County Cricket 2011

It is utterly bizarre. Still, people have played FC cricket over 48.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

I'm telling ursus minor that his father's Central Park Chinamen are going to have a new sense of purpose behind them starting this weekend . . .

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Carnage at Hove as Sussex lose 5 wickets in 21 balls after lunch. Ouch! Somerset in a strong position in a low scoring match (thus far) at the end of day 2: 150 ahead with 9 wickets remaining.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature; "Central Park Asian Americans", please.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

But I'm left-handed . . .

Though to be fair, the last time ursus minor said that I was bowling Chinamen, I quickly looked around to see if anyone had heard him.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Somerset lose their last seven 2nd inns wickets for 38 runs to set Sussex 271 to win on day 3 at Hove.

Despite big batting collapses in all three inns so far I am optmistic. I'll never learn.

Edit: Sussex go mad in Hove. After match scores of 213, 177 & 235, Sussex are 218-1 at the close: 54 to win with 9 wickets and one day left. I am mightily proud of them tonight and missing home greatly.

I haven't ruled out a collapse tomorrow.

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Very much enjoying Northants start to the season.

Obviously we can't keep this up, but being the only unbeaten team is nice.

When did Hampshire become the Royals?

Comment

County Cricket 2011

Nob cheese. Where's that crappy Lancastrian weather when you need it?

Comment

County Cricket 2011

It's pissing down here now, funnily enough.

Of course it's rarely all good news with Lancashire. Today we hear that the form of the resurgent Maharoof - with not a glimmer of international recognition since early 2007 - has come to the attention of the Sri Lankan selectors who will be whisking him away in July for either the touring Test or 'A' squad and then for the inaugural Sri Lankan 20/20 competition.

We've unearthed a diamond only to have it nicked before we can even have a good look.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X