OTF Fantasy Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Fantasy Baseball

1) If a player is on the real-life DL you can take him out of your line-up or bench and place him on your DL slot, freeing up another roster spot. When the player is healthy again you'll have to drop someone to put him back in the line-up.

2)Players only get the points if they're in your line-up, for both batters and pitchers. many a boring fantasy tale of home-runs and strikeouts going to waste as the guy festers on your bench

3)Yahoo has a "position eligibility" section somewhere. For position players you obtain "eligibility" by making 5 starts or 10 appearances at a position. You can then pick the player at that position.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Here's the Yahoo explainer on position eligibility. Here's some useful information for your Butler example, ursus:

Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)
      So even if Butler doesn't play at 1B at all during the rest of the season, he will keep his 1B eligibility. Since this is a mixed league, I don't use a DH batting slot (there are NL and AL-only leagues), but someone who only eligible only as a DH will show up with the position UTIL in our player list (David Ortiz, Jim Thome, etc.), and they can only be played in the UTIL spot.

When you are in our league page, if you click on the Players tab, there is a link for Position Eligibility under that. That will show you where a player is eligible at, and how many more games they have to start before they gain eligibility at a new position.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Ah, very helpful, thanks.

And by "in your lineup", I am assuming that means that they are not "greyed out" on the roster page (i.e., the greyed out area is the "bench")? We were confused because we think of a lineup as having only nine players (10 in the AL).

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Yes, that's correct. Don't try to think of your fantasy team lineup corresponding exactly to a real-life lineup. Just be glad our league doesn't have middle infield (2B/SS) or corner infield (1B/3B) positions!

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

I have a feeling I'm stupidly overlooking something, but where is the DL slot? Does it only show up if you have a player eligible for it?

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

You just drag the player toward the bottom of the list of players (i.e. batters or pitchers), and the DL position should appear. Or at least it did with me; if you don't have an injured player it might not show up.

Now if only my pitchers would get their arse in gear....

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Ah, thanks.

(And for anybody who's curious, the DL slot doesn't show up unless you have an injured player, but only shows up when you move an injured player, if you have one.)

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Congrats Al.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Yes, congratulations!

As for my first fantasy baseball foray, the less said the better. I neglected my team the whole three weeks I was on vacation and never recovered.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

I wish I had that excuse.

Though in a separate league (my first auction draft), I went wire-to-wire in first place.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

My second fantasy season kind of fell apart - though am empathising with Sox/Braves fans after tailing off in the otf league. A couple of 2nd/3rd placed finishes but that was all. And the ignominy of finishing last in one.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

I learnt several object lesson this year about pitching (like benching anyone at Fenway and Yankee Stadium) and drafting enough closers. The saves category torpedoed me almost from day 1.

It certainly got me more involved in watching games though, which was good.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Oh shit, the league just finished ?

Congrats to the weiner.

Comment

Working...
                            X