OTF Fantasy Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Fantasy Baseball

The league is up and running again. We currently have 8 players, who I'm guessing are all the people who are interested. If anyone else is interested, please let me know and I can give you the information.

OTF Fantasy Baseball

I am interested in doing this, but I've never done it before (unless playing Strat-O-Matic as a kid counts). So if you're seeking out the hardest of hardcore competition, I'm probably not your man, but if you tolerate novices, I'd like to give it a try.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

What rules are you using?

I think it is more likely that I would pay attention now that I'm back, but I'll never be hard core.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

What Renart said

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Excellent!

It's usually a pretty low-key league (not much trading, no squabbling). We use rotisserie scoring, daily lineup changes. Here are the league settings:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Total Bases (TB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9)

It isn't the classic 5x5 rotisserie scoring categories, but I think it's fair and not too esoteric.

If you'd like to join, it's on Yahoo, so you'll need a Yahoo ID. To sign up, click "join a private league". League ID is 151011, password is "trevmeath" (without the quotes).

The draft is this Sunday at 11:00am PDT (so hopefully our British players will join in the fun).

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Cool. I signed up. Thanks!

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Ooh I'll join too if that's ok?

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Ah. Inca - it says there's not enough room if everyone signs up from last year. Is there any chance of increasing the number of teams please?

Ta.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Is it preventing you from signing up? Right now the max teams is set at 12, and we're at 10 now. Not sure who from last year isn't in it yet, but if you're interested by all means join.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

I'm getting the same error.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Sorry about that--I just changed the settings, so hopefully you should be able to sign up now.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Thanks.

The Gotham Grizzlies are in.

Now if we were only using players from the 60s, I'd have a shot.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Hurrah! I'm in. Thanks for that

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

So.

I've never made it to a draft. On the off chance that I make it this year, how does it work?

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

It's pretty straightforward. Yahoo has an overview. The order is random--let's say you get the #1 pick. You go first in the first round, but the order "snakes", so you will go last in the second round, then first in the third, etc. We aren't an auction league, so it's just going down the list.

You still might want to pre-rank your players, in the off chance that you aren't able to be there at the start. Once the draft has started, you can also add players to a queue and the available players will be listed in there when your turn comes around again (I find this useful toward the later rounds, when you're thinking about sleeper picks or rookies, etc.).

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

If I can find a free and available for a while computer in San Jose, I will draft live this year.

If.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

You seem to be in San Jose a lot.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

When is the draft? (I got an email, but cant remember which account it went to... or my Yahoo password!)

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

ah, shit... am I too late?

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Draft is at 11am PDT (6pm UTC) today.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Inca, for some reason it said that the league is closed...

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

ah well, I was only going for Jayson Werth first, and the rest would make me last as usual.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Pitcher wins are an inherently flawed and intrinsically useless statistic.

And yes, I'm bitter about Halladay.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Shit, sorry, just saw that Gero. Many apologies.

Incidentally, I did an auction draft for the first time a few days ago, and loved it. It works best when most people are participating, so I know it could pose a problem for our league. Perhaps next year we could do a second one for people who are interested.

Comment

OTF Fantasy Baseball

Just a note that the Gotham Grizzlies' current league position is largely due to ursus minor having taken an active hand in the draft.

A few queries:

1) I note that all but three teams (us, the Grackles and Ginger Marbles) have one additional player. Is there an extra roster spot? If so, how does one fill it?

2) Can someone clarify which players record points? All of them? Just the starters? What about pitchers?

3) How do the position limitations work? The Royals appear to be playing Butler as a DH. Do we need to worry about that?

We are genuinely clueless, and the Yahoo site seems to treat questions such as this as being unworthy of guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X