Opening weekend of Meltdown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all rail maintenance workers have just voted to go on strike on 14th and 15th June! Thanks lads...wait 25 years to see YMO and it seems likely that the rail service is going to go up the swanney...

The same thing happened when I had tickets to go and see Talking Heads in '81 and REM in '85...

At least this time I can drive to a tube station, just won't be able to drink!!!

Ah!

Obviously we'll have to have a chat about this!

Comment

I can't find any mention of these strikes, DG. Perhaps they're mostly affecting other operators?

However, it does look like an all-too-familiar scenario on our line that day, anyway. (Hopefully that link will still work.)

However, what I would suggest as an option anyway - and one which I've been using most of the time since I've 'been mobile' is to go to Farnborough and catch a train from there. The journey takes about half the time and on the way back, if we miss the 23:35, there's still the 01:05 that we could catch. Obviously, this is less convenient for you, but we could go halves on a taxi back from Farnborough, if you were up for this option.

Comment

Working...
      X