Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No French Open (tennis) thread?

Come on... whats up with you lot.

The semis are here, and the womens looks almost as good as the men (Djokovic v Nadal and Federer v Monfils)

I suspect that it will end up as Kuznetsova v Ivanovic, but the second semi (Ivanovic v Jankovic) looks like being a classic.

In the mens, I really hope that Monfils gets through as he has the game to beat Nadal (IF HE gets through), but Federer was fantastic against Ancic.

And the Djokovic v Nadal will be frankly, fucking brilliant. If Djokovic is ever going to be number 1, he must win this.

The females are doing their usual trick of saying 'no, you win this game' ' No, YOU win' and its a shambles. Safina got 2-0 up, and practically lay on the clay to allow Kuznetsova to walk (if indeed she was that energetic) over her.

GET IT TOGETHER you wenches! (sorry about the sexism, but FOR FUCKS SAKE)

Comment

Kuznetsova fucks up her service game, and Safina is beginning to believe... ie, she is actually hitting the ball. 3-1

Comment

Kuznetsova is a shambles. First set to Safina, and she isnt much better, but her forehand is starting to work. Miss K is looking as if that her nemesis (Henin) retiring, is more than an excuse. She is truly woeful.

Comment

Safina appears not to want to win. She is serving for the match and just threw in (excellent) drop shot, but she looks tired, but has match point, so I will shut up

Comment

and she won! Marat can officially go fuck himself.

Kuznetsova was just abject. She will never play as bad as that again. If the Williams sisters dont turn up at Wimbledon, she is my bet (although Sharapova might come and stomp all over me)

Comment

ok. second semi time. And this pair MEAN it (with the stress on mean, as Jankovic looks as if she is going to eat the other).

3 sets, and possibly a tie break. My money is on Ivanovic. For once I hope I am wrong (SEXISM alert... Jankovic has the flattest visage I have ever seen.)

Comment

Jankovic has just broke Ivanovic. And is playing furiously. If the commentators would stop calling them Serbian sisters, it might show that they are both trying their asses off. Although Ivanovic is looking tired already. Expect a comeback.

Comment

fuck me, what a backhand. Ivanovic

Comment

Finally, the commentator suggested, that, actually, no one gives a shit. Jankovic goes 3-0 up.

The crowd are finishing lunch.

Comment

its kicked off... they both went to the net about a dubious call, and are kicking the crap out of each other.

Comment

ok, perhaps that was ever so slightly incorrect. Its now 3-2, but back on serve. Ivanovic is absolutely vicious (I so wanted to type viscous then)

Jankovic... I dunno. I think she may have bottled it. (and sorry for people who know anything about it, I am not a writer, and ... she has)

Comment

Jankovic has just hit a forehand so hard, she has busted a linejudge's nose. 4-2. Fucking hell this is good.

Comment

wow. Ivanovic is not pissing about.

Comment

4-3 I may have to go to the toilet soon. This is spectacular stuff, and you are all missing it. Good. Does this make me an official glory hunter?

Comment

Jankovic has the flattest visage I have ever seen

Are you sure it's not Mikaël Silvestre in a wig?

Comment

4-4. Jankovic was just lazy.

Comment

Ivanovic has just made it 5-4. Jankovic has possibly gone. The width and direction from Ivanovic's shots would fuck up anyone, so if she now holds her serve, its game over.

Comment

first set to Ivanovic. If Jankovic does the same, she is Donald. If she doesnt, it will still be 6-2. Wake up Jelena.

Comment

words will not describe what I am seeing... superb tennis. Ivanovic 1-0 in the second set.

Comment

Jankovic has gone. 2-0, but brilliant stuff. Jankovic has no 'Plan C'

Comment

2-1. Its not over.

Comment

Great serving but Ivanovic' clench fisting is becoming annoying.

Too late for me to be a glory hunter.

Comment

big day today...

1st game to Djokovic

Comment

I'd almost forgotten how obnoxious the Djokovic family (especially the little brother) were at the Australian Open (not forgetting his supporters and the man himself).

Good to see Nadal crush him in straight sets after a scare in the third.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X