This week I am mostly listening to:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unashamed to say Haircut 100. Love the rhythm guitars with no rhythm.

Japan: Mick Karn owns the group but there is some seriously good drumming for a supposedly 'eye-candy' band

Bauhaus: because I was in the mood for some serious nostalgia.

Blink 182: for all the small things

Steps: because even a (soon to be) old queen can rattle round a room screeching his head off.

What say you?

Sparks (4 albums)

... cuz I recently, er, acquired them. And because I always wanted to hear more.

Comment

My latest electropop favourite is Noush. She only has three tracks to her name and hasn't released any of them yet, but errr... I have them. And here is one of them: 'Tropic'.

(Carcass - check the Numan-ness of it all. Pure class!)

Comment

reissued set : 2 cds containing all of Axelrods 'work' with the Electric Prunes (ie him and some of the best session musicians ever), an Axelrod album called 'Pride', and an extra disc of instrumental versions of the Prunes stuff.
        absolutely brilliant.
        exactly what i needed.

Comment

My own, giddying tinnitus. Everything sounds like it's been remixed by Kevin Shields, except for My Bloody Valentine (who, as the result of a kind of textural double-negative, sound like Coldplay).

Comment

My own, giddying tinnitus.

ah ha.
            so i am not alone with this.
            i hear your pain, literally.
            its not too bad on a day to day basis, but if i have a few beers, or go to a gig (ha ! i wish), then damn, its full on next day.

Comment

I was a doorbell away from admitting to that one.

I am confident it will return...

Comment

Hah, with my fellow sufferers.

The coming and going is its weirdest quality, I think. I actually find using the iPod more of a trigger than clubs or gigs (not that they exactly help it). I reckon good quality sound - my 40" speakers, my decent headphones - might have a bit to do with it too, cause the separation stops them sounding as loud as they actually are.

Sleep deprivation, more than anything else, seems to make it worse for me. Some of it must be psychological.

Comment

Funny you should say Haircut 100, geronto. I've been listening to a bit of Nick Heyward lately. "Not The Man You Used To Be" is a lovely song.

I've had Jesus and the Mary Chain's Darklands on loop the last couple of weeks, and have been on a Lemonheads trip for a while now. Right now I'm playing John Prine's Sweet Revenge album.

Other than that, the new Weepies, Kathleen Edwards and Tift Merritt albums are default choices when I'm not quite sure what to put on.

I've played the new Mates of States album a lot, but don't think it'll become a firm favourite.

Current earworm is "It Makes No Difference" by the Band, but only because it was playing in the car earlier.

Comment

Lots of slightly gothy electro-pop, a bit of very gothy electro-pop and some poppy electro-goth.

Comment

King Mob wrote:
                      Lots of slightly gothy electro-pop, a bit of very gothy electro-pop and some poppy electro-goth.
                      (Did you check the track I posted upthread, KM? Check out her myspace page, too.)

Comment

Nothing much wrong with Haircut 100. I'm listening to a lot of Philly soul. The Spinners in the Car and Harold Melvin, The O'Jays and Blue Magic at home.

Comment

Thsi week I've been mostly listening to William Basinski's "Variations: A Movement in Chrome Primitive" and "Breathe" by Kylie.

Comment

Alphabeat - This is Alphabeat
                            Victoria - Tenebrae Responsories
                            The Whip - X marks Destination
                            Cut/Copy - In Ghost Colours
                            LCD Soundsystem - 45:33
                            Orlandus Lassus - Missa Osculetur Me
                            Anonymous 4 - Loves Illusion
                            Neon Neon - Stainless Style
                            Lassus - Madrigals and Motets
                            Heloise & the Savior Faire - Trash, Rats & Microphone

Comment

The first four Roxy Music albums.

Comment

Working...
                              X