Coolest Celebrity Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Tis true I prefer red, and have bought a nice t shirt and some dinky accessories from the Arsenal shop. They don't seem to do pet accessories but maybe that's just as well, he gets enough stick for being ginger.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Alan Wilder is a QPR fan. Unfortunately, so are awful new band Brother.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Amor de Cosmos wrote:
        Pistols Cook and Jones are Chelsea,

A pair of lads from the Bush too.

Tossers.
        Nah, Cook in particular is lovely, and still lives in the Bush.

I think Jonesy started out supporting QPR and I'm not sure how into football he is. He's lived in LA for ages. He did found and play for Hollywood United, but doesn't look match-fit at the moment. I could find out.

Edt: Fulham, then QPR "for the aggro", CFC from early 90s.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Gerontophile wrote:
          Isnt Billy Crystal a Mets fan?
          No, he's a huge Yankees fan, always loitering around the cameras during spring training and playoff games, ready to wax rhapsodic about seeing "The Mick" play when he was a kid. He even produced a TV movie about the Mickey Mantle-Roger Maris homerun race and "signed" with the Yankees for spring training one year as part of some mutual publicity stunt.

He wore a Mets cap in City Slickers, but that's acting.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

(I used to support Chelsea btw, and switched to Arsenal in the early 90s.
            You sicken me

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Oh, Paul Hardcastle is a Chelsea fan as well. I interviewed him while I worked at the club - very pleasant chap. Fucking loaded now too, from the sounds of it.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

I believe that the blokes from Hard Fi are Brentford fans. Although I couldn't name a single one of their songs, and don't know if they're still going (I could almost be a high court judge at this rate) so I'm not sure whether they count as cool.

But sod it, someone's allowed Nik Kershaw in, so we're allowed Hard Fi. And the one out of Status Quo who isn't one of the famous ones.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

MsD wrote:
                  Billy Idol supports Chelsea and used to be in a band of that name .. also Damon Albarn. Marco Pirroni got dragged along to a game at Chelsea, "I've never been so fucking bored in my entire life". He doesn't like football generally.

(I used to support Chelsea btw, and switched to Arsenal in the early 90s. Since when my interest has dwindled).

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Wot

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Two Sky pundits sacked for saying 'women don't understand the offside rule about a female linesperson, then being exposed for bullying sexist language in the course of their work.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Oh yes, I know that, but if you're implying i'm proving that pair of fuckers right, bollocks. I don't have to feign a constant interest in football to prove anything, do I? Sometimes I'm into it, sometimes I lose interest and have other stuff going on. Both times I went to Highbury I was in tears (of joy), but I'm glad I'm not currently at the point where a big defeat can ruin my day.

Oh, and I'm currently in SECOND place in TalkPunk's Prediction League, so there. I always assume the ones with the best blouses will do best.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Just a cheap visual gag really.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Joe Strummer was a huge Chelsea fan.

I don't know how cool Jonny Lee Miller is deemed to be but one of the reasons his marriage to Angelina Jolie went down the pan was that, living with her in the States, he missed be able to pop down the Bridge on a regular basis.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Sir Reginald Dangleberry wrote:
                              Joe Strummer was a huge Chelsea fan.

I don't know how cool Jonny Lee Miller is deemed to be but one of the reasons his marriage to Angelina Jolie went down the pan was that, living with her in the States, he missed be able to pop down the Bridge on a regular basis.
                              The problem we have here, and indeed with the whole thread, is that Londoners/Cockneys are intrinsically uncool people.

They're vile, vulgar imbeciles who denigrate our country's rich literary culture every time they open their chewy, malformed mouths. They dress like simple herberts, and carry themselves with what they perceive to be arrogance, but which is actually an annoying, loud-mouthed, 'look-at-me-I'm-a-right-jack-the-facking-lad' nobishness.

There is nothing cool about the South. Especially London.

This is fact, so don't bother replying.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

You're just jealous. No returns.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

MsD wrote:
                                  Oh yes, I know that, but if you're implying i'm proving that pair of fuckers right, bollocks.
                                  Language, young lady!

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

David Agnew wrote:
                                    [quote]Ipswich used to have Bill Werbeniuk, but now have to settle for Brian Cant, Griff Rhys Jones, film reviewer James King and many darts players (Keith Deller, Kevin "The Artist" Painter", Mervyn "The" King)

When did you lot have Bill Werbeniuk? He used to live in a flat on Division Street in Sheffield for a while and I followed him down to Bramall Lane once - I mean you couldn't really mistake him.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Insert witty username wrote:
                                      MsD wrote:
                                      Oh yes, I know that, but if you're implying i'm proving that pair of fuckers right, bollocks.
                                      Language, young lady!
                                      sorry

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Rangers seem to struggle on this front? Alan McGee and Wet Wet Wet are almost always named, and that's about it. I was holding out for Paul Buchanan but, alas. Maybe been reading too many Mogwai or Fannies interviews but all the Glasgow indie types seem to be Celtic if anything.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Valentino Mazzola wrote:
                                          Rangers seem to struggle on this front? Alan McGee and Wet Wet Wet are almost always named, and that's about it. I was holding out for Paul Buchanan but, alas. Maybe been reading too many Mogwai or Fannies interviews but all the Glasgow indie types seem to be Celtic if anything.
                                          They have since changed their website, but some of the Camera Obscura band members used to list their favorite football clubs. Two were Rangers and one Partick Thistle, if I recall.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Glass Half Empty wrote:
                                            [quote]David Agnew wrote:
                                            Ipswich used to have Bill Werbeniuk, but now have to settle for Brian Cant, Griff Rhys Jones, film reviewer James King and many darts players (Keith Deller, Kevin "The Artist" Painter", Mervyn "The" King)

When did you lot have Bill Werbeniuk? He used to live in a flat on Division Street in Sheffield for a while and I followed him down to Bramall Lane once - I mean you couldn't really mistake him.
                                            Werbeniuk often wore Ipswich Town ties when playing snooker.

Valentino Mazzola wrote:
                                            Graeme Dott is a Rangers fan.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

We have the drummer from Bloc Party. I have no idea if they are still going or if they are cool.

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Valentino Mazzola wrote:
                                                  All three members of the Blue Nile (RIP) are left-footers. They were never going to be regularly spotted propping up the bar in the Louden Tavern.

Buchanan and Robert Bell are into football (especially Buchanan), but PJ Moore isn't.

The guy who took over in Taggart when Mark McManus died (James something) is a Rangers supporter, if that's any good to you. So is that wanker Jeff Randall, who has been quoted more than once about how he regards Rangers as "the best of British".

Comment

Coolest Celebrity Fan

Analogue Bubblebath II wrote:
                                                    The guy who took over in Taggart when Mark McManus died (James something) is a Rangers supporter, if that's any good to you. So is that wanker Jeff Randall, who has been quoted more than once about how he regards Rangers as "the best of British".
                                                    Yeah, and Randall couldn't solve crimes without his dead mate Hopkirk whilst having the temerity to flirt with his widow so I wouldn't trust his judgment either.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X