Tiny prancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny prancer

I know Bono is supposed to be relatively short. But are the other members of U2 midgets?

Err, so, other short(ish) singers, other than Prince?

Tiny prancer

OK, one last time. He is small, but the other ones are far away...

Comment

Tiny prancer

There was a rather embarrassing picture of The edge with helena christensen there in one of the Irish papers the other day. She towered over him.

He is very short, but has a huge head like one of those giant papier mache figures.

Comment

Tiny prancer

Yeah, but even if you bring the other guys forward, they're not exactly going to get vertigo as they gaze upon Hewson's hair extensions.

And "for the last time" -- have we discussed this picture before?

Comment

Tiny prancer

Pan Tau wrote:
          Err, so, other short(ish) singers, other than Prince?
          Off the top of my head (and looking down on theirs. Arf!) ...

Both of Dollar were legendarily small.
          'Little' Jimmy Scott may be a bit cruel - not to mention obvious - to mention.
          Numan isn't very large.
          Bryan Adams(?)
          Tricky(?) (Or is this just because he looks like Shaun Wright-Phillips?)
          Nick Rhodes(?) (edit: Sorry - not a singer!)

Comment

Tiny prancer

Loads of rock stars are short - not midget-short like Prince, but sort of Michael-Owen-short. David Bowie, I believe, is a hell of a lot less lanky than he looks. Dylan is not a big man. No one in the Stones has much hope of making it in NBA, as I recall.

Manic Street Preachers press shots are always good for this - two of them are under 5'6" and the other is six foot plus.

Comment

Tiny prancer

5. How tall is Bono?

He's not.

In previous versions of the FAQS, their heights were listed as: Bono 5'-8, Edge 5'-10, Adam 5'-10, and Larry 5'-7. These were supplied years ago by someone associated with the U2 World Service, making them the closest thing to "official" we have. But each height listed is generally considered to be a couple inches too tall by fans who have stood next to a band member. Bono's friend Gavin Friday has let it slip that Bono is 5'-6-and-a-half. [MJS, M2, CB]
              Which would make Bono 1,67; and Mullen even smaller.

Comment

Tiny prancer

Debbie Gibson looks just like Vicky Pollard in that picture.

Comment

Tiny prancer

I think the '80s actually was the only time you'd have acts as varied as XTC, NKOTB and Guns And Roses featured in the same music rag, or on the same video show for that matter.

Comment

Tiny prancer

Jon Bon Jovi looks like a girl on that cover.

Comment

Working...
                    X