Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got to cut about 12Gb from itunes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't work out how to easily deselect whole artists from itunes synching.

I am right in thinking that if you untick the tune it doesn't synch aren't i?

Space on ipod 28Gb... Amount of tunes 40Gb. Buggeration.

This is why I don't have my iPod set to sync when connected to iTunes. Can you connect your iPod and then stop synching, and then choose "manage music myself" or however it's phrased under preferences?

Comment

Yeah, I have done that and then started looking through the library anyway. About 10Gb went courtest of 'Various' and albums with 'Track 01, Track 02' in them where I don't really know who the artist or what the song is.

That helped alot and then I just waded in unchecking stuff I've never put on to listen to. And got there in teh end, I don't think I'll ever miss any of it, the only doubtful one was right at the end when i was fed up and needed to clear a further 200Mb and so culled Abba. But I was annoyed with Abba repeatedly playing as they were the first in the ipod and kept getting me. I may put them back in a week or two.

Anyway, I only ever seem to listen to Pink Floyd, Stone Roses, Carter USM and the Charlatans these days. If I dropped Pink Floyd i could have a 500Mb ipod

I've taken up 500Mb in photos actually as I wanted pics of the nipper when I go away on Thursday.

Comment

Ah, you see, compulsive ID3 tagging is useful. Prevents a whole lot of mess on your iPod.

Here's an excellent MP3 tagger programme

Comment

Working...
        X