X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley

Has survived the vote of confidence.

Germans "incredulous"

Americans making noises about "leaving FIA".

Teams "not happy" with the prospect of their image being tarnished and (potentially) losing sponsorship money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7430939.stm

Anyone got a breakdown of which associations backed him and those who supported the vote of no confidence?

Mosley

Secret ballot, though I would bet my house on how the Italians voted.

From the FIA site:

"FIA Extraordinary General Assembly - Vote

During the Extraordinary General Assembly (EGA) held in Paris today, the FIA Member Clubs voted on a motion of confidence in the FIA President.

The FIA membership voted as follows:

For the motion: 103
    Against the motion: 55
    Abstentions: 7
    Invalid votes 4

Voting in the EGA was made by secret ballot. Votes were counted in private by the FIA legal department in the presence of four scrutineers, selected by the EGA from a list of Delegates proposed by the Chairman of the meeting (the President of the FIA Senate).

The entire voting procedure was supervised by an external Huissier de Justice (French state-appointed public witness)."

Comment

Mosley

I don't know the full story, so can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with what he's done?

Comment

Mosley

Well, that's an interesting question.

The immediate contretemps is of course based on the question of whether someone who arranged a Nazi-themed orgy with a gaggle of hookers (and who responded to tut-tutting from the German manufacturers by asking them what they were doing during the War) is a "fit and proper" figurehead for an international sporting organisation, but the more serious reasons for getting rid of Max were very nicely summarised by Twilight Johnny Atom on this thread.

Comment

Mosley

who responded to tut-tutting from the German manufacturers by asking them what they were doing during the War
          They should have said. "Same thing as your dad. Supporting Hitler."

Comment

Mosley

I thought it was more whether someone who was the son of Britain's leading fascist (and Diana Mitford, hardly famed for her moderate views, either) arranging a nazi themed orgy, etc, etc.

Comment

Mosley

That ostensibly it, TCC. But it's a lot deeper than that too. It's well worth reading TWA's links on the other thread. It seems like this is the best way to get rid of a problem that already existed.

Comment

Mosley

Et tu, Ferrari?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7437083.stm

Comment

Mosley

Yeah, this isn't so much a sex scandal as an 'arrogant, obnoxious cunt' scandal now.

If Mosley had been a thoroughly nice bloke and had never made a secret of his sexual proclivities, then I would be totally supporting him. However, he instead is an arrogant cunt and has dealt with his 'secret life' being exposed by simply saying 'do as I say and fuck off!'. It is this (entirely predictable) approach, more than anything, that has won him next to no supporters in the pit lane.

Nearly everyone has minor facets of their sexual preferences that might be frowned upon by others - it's how you deal with that that matters.

Comment

Mosley

I may be repeating this anecdote but youngest brother was very good freinds with Max Mosley's son. Indeed, he may have been a fan of my band 20 years ago.

Anyway, I managed to go along to both his and his brothers 18th birthday parties which both were held at the Marquee and one had The Fuzztones playing and the other had Doctor & The Medics

As you can imagine, we felt the dos were very cool but, I remember at the end, Max Mosely and and some of the extended blond haired and blue eyed family turned up up at the back of the gig in dinner suits looking at the sons' hippy freinds with expressions like they had just trod in dogshit.

It was a bit frightening like something out of "Lords Of Discipline" or something.

Mind you, free booze and buffet laid in though. Those neo-Nazis know how to put on a do

Comment

Working...
                    X