I've Just Watched...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Just Watched...

Live Forever, the retrospective documentary on Britpop. Felt like I could do with a laugh and all that. My God, it's hilarious. Too many funny moments to mention them all but I have a special affection for the moments when Albarn squirms like an animal being dissected during the questioning relating to his band's feud with Oasis: "I just... felt... stupid... and confused.... I was heckled in the street." Or this pearl from Noel Gallagher on his working-class origins as opposed to Blur's middle-class upbringing: "I'm not saying I'm better than [Albarn] is but he's never been on a building site. He's never had a paper round. So my soul is fundamentally purer than his is." But the highlight is Liam Gallagher's reaction to Jon Savage describing him as having an androgynous quality: "Androgynous? What does that mean? What you sayin'? You sayin' I'm a bird?"

Oh my, what fun.

I've Just Watched...

I love that Noel Gallagher line. I think it's obviously tongue in cheek, as is most of the shit he comes out with. But he clearly believes it too, which makes it all the better.

Comment

I've Just Watched...

Yeah, there's nothing like ye olde class warfare to bring out the inner idiot in everybody.

Comment

Working...
      X