Radio 1 Roadshows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 1 Roadshows

They were great, weren't they? 'Bits and Pieces', Smiley Miley and his mileage game, seeing actual R1 DJs in person ( we normally got Andy Peebles in South Wales but, hey, he was still sort of famous).

So where would I find a list of all of them with dates, for research purposes?

Radio 1 Roadshows

Goodie bags- I cribbed that from wikipedia.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

Somehow it suddenly doesn't seem so appealing. Bates hated doing the roadshows apparently.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
        Goodie bags- I cribbed that from wikipedia.
        What am I not getting here?

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

I went to the Skegness roadshow one year, it was hosted by Nicky Campbell. They did all the usual gubbins and a couple of popstars whose names I can't remember came on stage and mimed to their latest singles.
          Utter shit from start to finish.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

There's a bit of history on this site, Radio rewind, with a bit of insight from the aforementioned Smiley Miley:
            Tony Miles; Smiley Miley "my name was given to me because I'm always smiling"
            Fuck me, that's a revelation and a half, eh? It even makes footballers nickname appear witty.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

We always used to get Ed "Stewpot" Stewart in Exmouth, because he was from there, as if that would somehow stop the local hard lads in their Harrington jackets and skinhead haircuts from lobbing bottles of piss at him while he was trying to host an impromptu game of "beat the intro" between two horrified and stage-struck nine-year-old girls.

And Steve Wright always used to do Fistral Beach one at Newquay in the 1980s, the week the World Surfing Championship Tour came to town. Every single time they did the roadshow at Newquay, I remember it would be a freezing cold day and invariably pissing it down, even though it was usually in mid-July.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

I work with Smiley Mileys daughter. She has lots of "confidence". If there's any kind of fuckup she'll always know exactly who is to blame. It's never her.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

I went to a raodshow on holiday in Torquay when I was about thirteen or fourteen. Stuart Henry was the presenter and The Mixtures mimed to 'The Pushbike Song' on stage.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

"He is a laddie
                    A skinny hairy laddie
                    Who is working for the bonny BBC
                    He is playing all the records
                    The noisy poppy records
                    He's Stuart, the Scots DJ

On Your Radio"

(to the tune of 'I Love a Lassie')

edit: I always remember that jingle when Stuart Henry is mentioned, although that is not very often these days. He died pretty young, if my memory serves.

Comment

Radio 1 Roadshows

My favourite Radio 1 Roadshow moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X