Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rentaghost: The Movie

People, I shit you not.

Warner Bros have bought the rights to the show and plan to use it as a vehicle for Russell Brand.

As I've maintained on several occasions, series #1 of Rentaghost was really quite good, but the rest were bobbins. I can only hope they use this for a template.

I eagerly await the big-screen treatments of Jossy's Giants and Captain Zep: Space Detective.

WHY THE FUCK do people continue to try and destroy all my precious childhood memories?

Fuck's sake, it can't be that hard to come up with an original movie idea. In fact, I'm off to come up with one right now.

Comment

old news i am afraid.

this has been in the pipeline for a couple of years.

i had rather hope that the fuckers had lost funding for it.

russell brand! ffs

Comment

There'll be a Bagp....

No! Mustn't say it!

Comment

Oh wow. You can see their reasoning, can't you: Beard? Check. Hysterical, arcane English dialect? Check. Tights? Check. In Hollywood's eyes, Russell Brand's IS Timothy Claypole.

Comment

"Starring Keanu Reeves and Ben Affleck as Dobbin the Pantomime Horse."

Comment

Bizarrely, the idea seems to be NOT to cast Brand as Claypole but as Mr. Mumford, the owner of the firm.

Talk about not spotting the obvious ...

Comment

It's no worse an idea than casting Brand as Hawkswood in an action/comedy based upon the life of the 14th centuary condottieri.

Comment

The fellow who plays Mr Mumford looks very young in that picture. Before Rentaghost he played Sid James' neighbour in Bless This House. I'm shocked.

Comment

Nigelwyn wrote:
                    The fellow who plays Mr Mumford looks very young in that picture. Before Rentaghost he played Sid James' neighbour in Bless This House. I'm shocked.
                    The bloke playing Fred Mumford (Anthony Jackson) was the best thing in it and series #1 revolved around him. Unfortunately, the actor playing Hubert Davenport died at the end of series #1 and, after that, Jackson didn't sign up for series #2.

As a result, Harold Meaker (who'd been a bit part until then) was thrust forward, as was Timothy Claypole.

Comment

Please no, the great memories we have of kids TV shows are being ruined. Seeing programmes like Monkey and the Hare Bare Bunch ruined everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X