Fuck Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck Buttons

I know we had a thread on the old board but that's no use to us now. I saw Fuck Buttons for the first time last night and I think my hearing might be permanently damaged. I love Street Horrrsing, but they really do take it to the proverbial "next level" when they play live don't they? This is the first gig I've been to in a long long time where people were actually backing away from the stage (they were opening for Caribou, and I think a few confused souls who didn't know FB got an almighty wake up call). Wonderful stuff.

Fuck Buttons

It's funny you should mention them but my own ramblings on the subject are up at my new website. www.thisisnowhere.co.uk.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

Great piece.

Goddamn, they are a fucking super band. I had so much fun at the live show it just wasn't true.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

Cheers man. They are fucking great aren't they?

Comment

Fuck Buttons

When I was watching them last night I started imagining a utopian future where Fuck Buttons filled stadiums (and, by default, created the Stadium Noise genre). Admittedly, I was quite drunk at the time.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

I saw Wolf Eyes play in front of about three thousand people on the main stage at Butlins in Minehead. I'm guessing that's as close as I'll come to seeing stadium noise.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

I'm guessing MBV at the Leccy Piccy over the summer won't be far off.

I'm also guessing, pace the thread on that, that it won't work at all...

Comment

Fuck Buttons

The album (perhaps inevitably) is a bit of a disappointment for me. It's that 'extra level' they have live that really makes them click.

Squid Ink: interesting you should describe it as a 'utopian future' where they fill stadiums. When I first saw them I imagined them playing in some kind of Hacienda like club in the middle of a 10 year Tory rule.

I was probably even drunker, mind.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

I've just tried for about the 8th time to listen to this album and yet again had to give up after about the third song, I just find it absolutely unbearable. It's really hard for me to understand why, they tick all the boxes of music I normally like but I just can't get into it.

Maybe it's because there is just no let up from about the 2nd minute of the album onwards. I've never enjoyed listening to Suicide for much the same reason, I just find it uncomfortable and unpleasurale. A lot of noise stuff usually puts me in a good mood, much like hardcore techno, the heavier it gets the funnier and more enjoyable I find it. But with Fuck Buttons there's no fluctuation between intensity and subtlety, it just kicks off at a quite intense hum and stays there, with the odd interlude of nonsensical lo-fi screaming vocals.

I reckon if I saw them live they would rock, but on repeated listening the only feeling this album gives me is the desire to turn it off.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

My brother and pregnant wife went to see them a few weeks ago and had to leave because it was so loud. Don't know what they were expecting really. He said it was the loudest gig he had been to since Mogwai perforated his eardrum about ten years ago.*

We also got talking about bands with Fuck in their name. I could only think of Holy Fuck, who I've seen live and was pretty impressed by. He said he once saw a support act called Fuck Me and the Fuckity Fucks, however I didn't believe him and don't really want to google it in work.

*All stories from this brother have to be queried before they can be believed, however there is some evidence suggesting this is true.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

Off the top of my head:

Fucked Up
                      Crucifucks
                      Trapdoor Fucking Exit
                      Total Fucking Destruction

I always like to get involved in the high brow disucssions.

Comment

Fuck Buttons

We Are Fuck You
                        The Fucking Champs

Comment

Fuck Buttons

In Canada we had Bunchoffuckinggoofs and The Nunfuckers

Comment

Working...
                          X