X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot....

....is a classic.

It would be tempting to call you insane but, probably like many others on the board, I've never actually seen it.

Comment

Thought this thread was going to be about Sarah Palin's new reality show.

Comment

It would be tempting to call you insane but, probably like many others on the board, I've never actually seen it.

I haven't either, but of the reviews I've ever read about it or found in film book listings (Halliwell's and the like), it's the first ever joining of the words 'Barely Remembered Goofy Stallone Comedy' and the word 'classic' in one sentence that I've come across.

You don't get days like these.

Comment

tratorello wrote:
          Thought this thread was going to be about Sarah Palin's new reality show.
          Speaking of Palin and shootings ...

My favourite quote is "It's kind of sad, actually," which could be applied to just about anything in the story.

Comment

It is appalling. Truly unspeakably bad.

Comment

Having seen it back in the day when you'd hire the last available video to kill a rainy Sunday afternoon, I can confirm the housecat's pithy yet comprehensive review.

I don't think the intervening years will have changed my opinion.

Comment

Cookie Monster – unless you have a well-formed argument for your love of Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, we'll just have to assume you're trolling.

I speak as someone who has defended Halloween III.

Comment

I saw this movie in the cinema when i was about 13 or so. I loved it then and i love it now.

Stallone is superb, Getty is a revelation as the intefering mother. The jokes are funny as hell with my favorite being the one with Stallone in a diaper. The movie cracks along at a good pace and the writing is superb.

This movie is on my 'Movies as pick-me-up' list along with Some Like It Hot and Jason X.

Comment

Fair enough, I like contrary views. Although Stallone has said it's the worst film he ever made (and there's some stiff competition there).

There was a piece in the Guardian recently that argued Will Ferrell's Anchorman was an underappreciated classic.

I'll admit, I found the trailer to Anchorman quite funny. Mark Kermode, however, said they put all the best jokes in the film in the trailer, so I never bothered with it. Worth renting?

Comment

Anchorman is worth a rent. It's quite a good film with some genuinely laugh out loud moments in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X