Amy Winehouse at Rock in Rio Lisboa

Half an hour late on stage - check
    Constantly sniffing and wiping nose during first 3 songs - check
    Huge love bite on neck - check
    Sprained right wrist and huge cuts on left arm - check
    Inability to pronounce lyrics intelligibly for any song - check
    Burst into tears during "Love is a Losing Game" - check
    Fall over during "Love is a Losing Game" - check
    Incoherent speeches between songs about how she could've cancelled but didn't - check

It was broadcast live on Portuguese TV, 100,000 people watching a living human car crash. At some points it was hilarious, in others it was completely heartbreaking. A ticket to Rock in Rio costs €60 and you only have 5 bands performing so she must have been paid so handsomely that no matter what her state, it was impossible to refuse the gig.

At least she didn't mention her fucking husband this time.

Comment

Oh no, she mentioned him constantly and had a huge hand made heart and arrow placed in her beehive with "Blakey" written across it. During one her rambles she said "I've just been with me Blakey today, he's comin' 'ome in two weeks." (mild applause) "I SAID 'E'S COMIN' 'OME IN TWO WEEKS!" (milder recognition) "TWO WEEKS, MY 'USBAND, ME LOVE OF ME LIFE, COMIN' 'OME... ah fuck yez yah cahntz....."

Comment

For some reason I always imagine the Winehouse beehive to be a wig. A picture of said wig, discarded on the dressing room table backstage, complete with forlorn looking 'Blakey' arrow-heart concoction, would be priceless.

Comment

For some reason I always imagine the Winehouse beehive to be a wig.
          It is, isn't it? When she was on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Penny Smith asked her, "Is that hair yours?" To which Winehouse replied, "Yeah, it's mine. I bought it."

Comment

"She's tattoooed her hair!"

I am tempted to write "I would" as a tip of the hat to the classic Winehouse thread on the old place I inadvertently triggered off.

And I'm not sure I would.

Comment

I would have when she first popped into the nation's consciousness but now I wouldn't touch her with my dead slave's.

Heroin chic? Jesus!

Comment

Blakey?

Comment

God, I wouldn't touch her with the dead relatives of your slaves.

Is she looking for applause for her convict waster of a husband being let out of jail?

Comment

Working...
                  X