'Grumpy boss' TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Grumpy boss' TV

I've been meaning to post my thoughts on this for a while and I suppose it's a bit after the event now, but still...

Basically, there seemed to be a sub-category of those reality/documentary television series that (in my sphere of awareness, at least) was initiated by 'American Chopper'. It was then merely duplicated in 'American Hot Rod'. Now, although I liked those programmes for the vehicles involved, I didn't really have any sympathy or connection with any of the people involved, so I never really made a point of following the shows. However, the one variation that I did - very briefly - find compelling was 'Ice Pilots'. I think it was just because some of the exploits in that were almost insane and the grumpy boss in that instance was just so eccentric and didn't play to the cameras at all.

So... has anyone else got any other examples of this sub-genre and maybe got addicted to some of the above?

'Grumpy boss' TV

Nah mate.

However, docu-nonsense, which involves a boss taking the piss out of a member of staff, always pisses me off (see Gordon Ramsay, Suralan, and even Jermy (sic) Clarkson on Top Gear to Hammond (although that is entirely schoolboy-scripted stuff which I enjoy).

American Chopper was actually very good (if its the father and son thing, which Ewan McGregor visited on his thing)... and they are actually ok... dunno what else to add for now. Will come back to this

Comment

'Grumpy boss' TV

Yeah, that bullying stuff is just shit. I find it quite hard to believe that nobody has spontaneously (away from TV) beaten Gordon Ramsay to a pulp, utter cunt that he is.

Comment

'Grumpy boss' TV

Well, Ramsay is certainly about be getting his, merited or otherwise, if this is to be pounced upon: this

I wish everyone in this, including Mr Ramsay, well.

Comment

'Grumpy boss' TV

All this reality stuff just ends up pissing me off no end, my wife watches every second of that Apprentice show including all the extras and add -ons that come with it whereas I just see a lot of horrible people being really horrible to each other.
          The show culminates in somebody getting sacked yet how can you sack someone who does'nt even work for you, I find it all bizarre and ultimately unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
          X