More Facebook c***ery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Facebook cuntery

It's a little more subtle than that TonTon, if you login to facebook on a smart phone then the default for facebook is to automatically add that number to your profile.

Comment

More Facebook cuntery

I guess my phone's not as smart as it likes to think it is.

Comment

More Facebook cuntery

Ek weet nie wrote:
        It's a little more subtle than that TonTon, if you login to facebook on a smart phone then the default for facebook is to automatically add that number to your profile.
        Nasty!

Are there separate instructions for disabling that? Or are the ones I posted above (for disabling 'places') and Ad Hoc's (for phone number de-listing) sufficient? On their current form, I would assume it's yet another separate disabling routine, that's all.

Comment

More Facebook cuntery

Why did the jellybeans go to school?

They wanted to be Smarties. (sorry)

Comment

More Facebook cuntery

I got rid of Facebook a while ago.

When I tried to get rid of it, I got a screen that said that five of my friends would miss me, complete with photos of me with them in it. Then I realised that I had the phone numbers of all of them, so Facebook could get lost.

Sent a message to everyone with my phone number and e-mail and waltzed off into the digital sunset.

We'll see who really remembers my birthday now. Fed up of being told "Happy Birthday! Have a great day!" by my ex's best friend. This friend never like me.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1075211218137296896?s=21

The social network allowed Microsoft’s Bing search engine to see the names of virtually all Facebook users’ friends without consent, the records show, and gave Netflix and Spotify the ability to read Facebook users’ private messages.
              Facebook permitted Amazon to obtain users’ names and contact information through their friends, and it let Yahoo view streams of friends’ posts as recently as this summer, despite public statements that it had stopped that type of sharing years earlier.

Comment

https://twitter.com/eWords/status/1088663155876622336

https://twitter.com/eWords/status/1088663155876622336

Comment

Been mulling over closing my account. It's getting closer.

Comment

Still I'm reading stuff (esp in Ireland) treating Sandberg as an Empowering Icon. Herself and the Zuck should be jailed.

Comment

He does have the deadest of dead soulless eyes. Wouldn't be surprised if there are loads of tortured dead animals buried in the woods near Zuck's childhood home. Sid Vicious with maths aptitude.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 25-01-2019, 22:27.

Comment

Surely the Irish Data Protection Commissioner should be attacking their fucking HQ with Crack GDPR nerds and armed gardai by now.

Comment

I would like to close my account but then I would lose access to a couple of closed groups whose members are nearly 100% reasonable and thoughtful people and who post stuff which is interesting and relevant to me.

Comment

Yes that's the only thing keeping me on.

Comment

I've now closed my Instagram account, having ditched Facebook a while ago. Now to get rid of WhatsApp...it's a good job I'm fairly happy in my own company.

Comment

WhatsApp is the problem: I can avoid the rest of their shit but not that app if I want to communicate with friends and loved ones.

Comment

Friends and loved ones are overrated.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/andybcampbell/status/1113236380199604226?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Grim.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
                                        there was a documentary about this on bbc4 I think, the only difference was the folk doing the work were in the phillipines-but the story they told is exactly the same

Comment

Yes, this work has been outsourced to contractors in a number of places around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            Yes that's the only thing keeping me on.
                                            I thought my photos of Teddy were keeping you there.

Comment

And then there's this for some mild cuntery

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I thought my photos of Teddy were keeping you there.
                                                Well and those, clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
                                                  The thing is, there are many people out there, who would do that job for free.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X