Scottish Football 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Rogin lad as you can see from the last Scottish football thread I'm a fuckin belting tipster(see the tips on pages 1 & 2).

Prem-Celtic
    Div1-Livingston
    Div2-Brechin
    Div3-Alloa

Comment

torres wrote:

Div3-Alloa
      Bah, don't be doing things like that. Last season I tipped us to be winning the promotion play offs and look where that got us.

Anyway, it has been a bit of an unusual close season for us with a new manager coming in and retaining none of last season's squad. This has left Paul Hartley rummaging through his contacts book and calling in favours left, right and centre. For our first pre-season training session, last night, we had 10 players signed up (including the manager) so our squad currently looks like this:

GK: Scott Bain

Def: Ryan Harding

Mid: Paul Hartley
      Mid: Ryan McCord
      Mid: Ross McCord
      Mid: Darren Young
      Mid: Graeme Holmes

For: Kevin Cawley
      For: Armand One
      For: Ryan Caddis

Rumours persist that we will add Bobby Petta to the squad but I suspect that won't actually happen.

We should end up with a decent enough squad for the third division but we will need to add a few more defenders and as we found out last season it doesn't matter how good your squad looks if your manager can't get your team organised and motivated.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
        Looks like Arbroath - East Fife's my best bet.
        Bring the warmest coat you own.

Comment

Aye. August is a cruel month in Angus...

Comment

Prem - Rangers (each way)
            Div1 - Dundee
            Div2 - Cowdenbeath
            Div3 - Queens Park

Comment

Dundee
              Airdrie or Brechin
              Alloa or Stranraer

Comment

Rogin,I meant to add a caveat to this topic,Dundee should walk the First Division next season but I'm banking on another financial crisis at some point for them.

Dink,I watched most of the sides in this division last season and I can only see Annan giving you a battle this season.

Comment

WTF is going on at Hearts?

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

Comment

Ah, good old Gary Mackay. (Jack Charlton's talking bollocks in that clip by the way. RTE showed the game live.)

Romanov would know all about mafia. I can't believe he's lasted seven years there.

Comment

That'll be a big help to the FBI though discovering that LulzSec are Hibs fans.

Comment

Late home from work tonight and then watched Andy Murray so beaten to post the link of the year from the Hearts website!!

Could the clock finally be ticking for the Lithuanian State Circus??

With 2 players awaiting drugs charges + 1 now on the sex offenders register you couldn't make it up.

Comment

When I last went to Tynecastle there was some wanker constantly berating David Goodwillie and calling him a beast and so on, then when the Dundee United fans cheered DG he cried 'how would you feel if it was your sister?' I only hope he'll be as even-handed in his treatment of Craig Thomson.

Anyway - I have my doubts about Dundee, they've been touted as potential champions for three seasons but without being galvanised by financial difficulty and a sense of injustice it's hard to predict how they will do, I don't think they'll win the league. A lack of decent challengers leads me to back Falkirk but then Pressley is not a very good manager so, anyway Yoss will probably know, ask him.

Comment

Psychic Paul's unscientific prediction:

SPL: Rangers
                            D1: Livingston
                            D2: Airdrie United
                            D3: Annan Athletic

Comment

That Hearts thing is mental. Deserves its own thread, I reckon.

Comment

What's going on at Hearts - have they taken leave of what little senses they have ?

Comment

DerryCity wrote:
                                  What's going on at Hearts - have they taken leave of what little senses they have ?
                                  This would presume any sense on the part of Mad Vlad in the first place.

Got an inkling this was going to happen during the week when the club announced there was a statement looming about the whole Thomson thing, it was head in hands time when that was announced - the statement itself didn't disappoint, mad as a bag of monkeys.

Comment

I see that Rory McAllister has signed for Peterhead after reportedly turning down a contract from St.Mirren. Strange how things work, I would have thought some first division clubs would have been interested in him too, makes me wonder how much he's being paid at Peterhead.

Comment

D.S. wrote:
                                      I would have thought some first division clubs would have been interested in him too, makes me wonder how much he's being paid at Peterhead.
                                      The figures being quoted on Pie and Bovril are a £15,000 signing on fee and £650 a week, all being paid by a benefactor. Plus, it means that he can finish his plumbing apprenticeship and stay near his home (somewhere around Aberdeen). It certainly should be an interesting third division this season.

Comment

SPL1 Celtic
                                        SPL2 Dundee
                                        SFL1 Airdrie
                                        SFL2 Annan

Scottish Cup: Celtic
                                        League Cup: Aberdeen

Diddy cup: Falkirk (under new management)

I think the McCoist era will have a rocky and trophyless start and will give Neil Lennon some breathing space but if he starts going on about unfair treatment we can assume he has lost it again.

Dundee are ridiculously stronger than any other club in the division. Airdrie are a stocky shortarse in a land of pygmies.

Annan, a genuine breathe of frsh air, came very close in the play-offs and show the nation how a proper football club is run. My new next favourite team, 20 minutes from Carlisle and you can get a good B&B for £25. They are the antithesis to Gretna.

No real reason to pick Aberdeen. Seems ludicrous to suggest a treble for Celtic, too soon in the season for McCoist to get Rangers working (I may regret this). Of the usual also rans - Hearts and Hibs are in crisis, Dundee United never win anything and perhaps old man Broon can organise his team to a shock trophy.

Falkirk for the diddy cup if Pressley is replaced. Surely this must happen. Dundee won't care enough to go for it, Falkirk may need something to keep the natives happy, unless they offer free deep-fried pizzas instead.

Predicted first managerial sacking: Steven Pressley

Comment

I apologise in advance if this is a really stupid question, but is a July start to the season normal??

Is it a due to an extended winter break, or because of Euro 2012 etc?

Comment

It's kicked off in July before.

I remember Martin O'Neill's reign started with a 2-1 win at Tannadice in July 2000.

Comment

I'm tipping Timothy for a long-overdue title. Their array of World stars- Sumoarse, Mjasscardovic and Izntinguire will be unstoppable.

Annan is certainly worth a visit (pleasant pitstop on the Stranraer- England route).

Talking of it, er, kicking off in July, TNS v Criminalville should be fun. Anyone up for an Oswestrathon?

Comment

Craig Thomson now suspended by Hearts.

Comment

This suspension seems to have come on the back of Scottish children charities and agencies heavily criticising the club yesterday.

"It is inconceivable that an individual who has been placed on the sex offenders' register - and whose behaviour highlights the real dangers that exist online for young people - should be allowed to work in direct contact with them.
                                                  "The safety of young people is paramount, and we should treat individuals, even high profile ones, who put them at risk, in a manner that reflects the severity of their crimes."

Anne Houston, chief executive of Children 1st, added: "Not taking action to protect children from the risk of sexual harm is unacceptable.
                                                  "Allowing convicted sex offenders to continue working where they will have direct and indirect contact with children is wrong.
                                                  "There is no place in our society for role models who have been convicted of sexual offences, no matter what other talents they might have."

Some of the comments they made above, i must admit I am struggling to reconcile how his professional work as a footballer brings him into regular contact with children.

Comment

dalliance wrote:

Some of the comments they made above, i must admit I am struggling to reconcile how his professional work as a footballer brings him into regular contact with children.
                                                    You've not seen our current first team squad have you?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X