Scottish Football 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Team 12's fixtures have home games at the same time as Dundee United?

Comment

If so I expect one team will play Saturday the other Sunday. It happened a few seasons ago, as I took advantage to do a little groundhopping.

Comment

Dundee United and "Team 12" are apparently scheduled to play at home on the same matchday twelve times throughout the season.

Comment

I would guess there's likely to be a similar conflict with Rangers & Celtic fixtures. There's no way Strathclyde's Finest will allow that.

Comment

oscar mike wrote: I would guess there's likely to be a similar conflict with Rangers & Celtic fixtures. There's no way Strathclyde's Finest will allow that.
            As was pointed out when the fixtures were released, 'Club 12' was away every time Celtic were at home. They were also due to host Celtic on Boxing Day. It was fairly clear who it was meant for...
            By my count, there are 9 occasions when Dundee and Dundee United are both due to be at home on the same day. The most difficult of these clashes to resolve being Boxing Day (a Wednesday) and Saturday 29th December, especially as there is a further round of fixtures on Wednesday 2nd January.

Comment

Hofzinser wrote: Dundee United and "Team 12" are apparently scheduled to play at home on the same matchday twelve times throughout the season.
              Really? The fixtures on the BBC website make it look like 'only' 9.

Comment

They were also due to host Celtic on Boxing Day. It was fairly clear who it was meant for...

hahahaha, and tell me, when were these fixtures released?

Comment

Janik wrote:
                  Originally posted by oscar mike
                  I would guess there's likely to be a similar conflict with Rangers & Celtic fixtures. There's no way Strathclyde's Finest will allow that.
                  As was pointed out when the fixtures were released, 'Club 12' was away every time Celtic were at home. They were also due to host Celtic on Boxing Day. It was fairly clear who it was meant for...
                  By my count, there are 9 occasions when Dundee and Dundee United are both due to be at home on the same day. The most difficult of these clashes to resolve being Boxing Day (a Wednesday) and Saturday 29th December, especially as there is a further round of fixtures on Wednesday 2nd January.
                  What I meant was, at some point Rangers are likely to have home games in Div 3 on the same day that Celtic are at home in the SPL. There's bound to be some shuffling around of fixtures.

So, does anyone think we can we stick a fork in this and move on to a Brave New World/Armageddon [delete as appropriate]?

Comment

Janik wrote:
                    Originally posted by Hofzinser
                    Dundee United and "Team 12" are apparently scheduled to play at home on the same matchday twelve times throughout the season.
                    Really? The fixtures on the BBC website make it look like 'only' 9.
                    Ah, okay. I was only repeating what was said in Twitter - I've not counted them up myself or anything.

Comment

Sky have announced they've got a package to show all of Rangers' fixtures in 3D next year.

Oh hang on, it's "D3".

Comment

Just popping in to share Cal's horror of memories of playing football on Monsanto Astroturf (in my case, in the 70s).

It was absolutely diabolical for goalkeepers, not only because of inevitable turf burns, but also because of erratic (and high) bounces and waterplaning on wet turf. If you think the Jabulani is a keeper's nightmare, you never played on Astroturf.

Comment

So Club 12 is to be Dundee, unless Dunfermline want to mount a legal challenge.

So that can be a story for the 2012 - 2013 thread, and maybe we can start a thread for what was once Rangers FC PLC to report on the progress of the liquidation and subsequent court cases.....

Comment

oscar mike wrote: What I meant was, at some point Rangers are likely to have home games in Div 3 on the same day that Celtic are at home in the SPL. There's bound to be some shuffling around of fixtures.
                            If Rangers take over Stranraer's fixtures, then it doesn't work out too badly. There are only two weekends all season when Stranraer and Celtic were both supposed to be at home. Neither in particuarly intractable periods.

Comment

Does Sevco have a transfer ban? I can see why it wouldn't but it just seems too simple.

Comment

No, but they have to submit player replacement proposals to the SFA so any dealings will be scrutinized.

Comment

a transfer ban would be particularly tough on sevco. They don't have any players.

Comment

It was absolutely diabolical for goalkeepers, not only because of inevitable turf burns, but also because of erratic (and high) bounces and waterplaning on wet turf. If you think the Jabulani is a keeper's nightmare, you never played on Astroturf.

Wet was bad, but my best games were always on astroturf. I always wore pants and socks like the Serbian keeper in 1998, so the turf burns were not a problem, but getting my pants torn up with that fake Christmas tree grass in the side of my knees was annoying.

If it had that little pad underneath, I could fly through the air with the greatest of ease. Some of my best dives and acrobatic saves were on it (I suspect why Hubert Birkenmeier and David Brcic looked so Air Jordanesque spectacular on it - can't find any YouTube evidence, however.)

Also, I could get a whole view of the foot and the ball, and the light reflected up on the ball, thus making it easier to get an earlier jump on a save.

In grass, there's a dark shadow underneath and part of the ball is hidden, so it's that split second I don't have for a reaction.

Comment

Please don't make that be the last post for this.

At least let a Gers supporter or something say a final word for posterity.

Comment

I don't know, it's kind of apposite in a "and football still goes on" that a thread dominated by the Rangers omnishambles should conclude with a discussion on artificial pitches.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: a transfer ban would be particularly tough on sevco. They don't have any players.
                                          Nah, it's sorted. G4S have been contracted to fill up the squad for them.

Comment

jasoń voorhees wrote: Please don't make that be the last post for this.

At least let a Gers supporter or something say a final word for posterity.
                                            I think ending with fake pitches is a good ending to a long discussion about something which turned out to be Fraudulent......(do I need the allegedly or is it prima facie??)

Comment

Have the "Armageddon" types and other merchants of doom gone into hiding?

Or are they going to try to pull a Harold Camping and claim that the End is Indeed Near, but they just got their sums wrong.

jv, I think that our playing days were about 10 years (maybe more) apart. I played on pitches without the pad.

Comment

I doubt even the most Frazer-like thought clubs would be going under instantly. It will take until this time next year before we can safely call 'horseshit' on them.

Comment

Well after all of these years, I had no idea you played keep.

If my reading comprehension is correct.

Comment

Kind of ironic, after the Cosmos died, I became a Rangers fan.

Here the Cosmos return the same week the Rangers may have died.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X