A Song of Ice & Fire on HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that gives a new meaning to Kings Landing.

I'm here all week.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Can I just mention that I'm not sure we needed to see area's sex face.
      I viewed it more as her Dexter/American Psycho face and you were supposed to be disturbed by it.

Comment

She'll end up killing someone on her list she shouldn't (Jaime?) that fucks everything up I think. Maybe after Jaime turns sister/Queenslayer...

Comment

VTTBoscombe wrote:

But generally the guy who directed the last and this one, and Hardhome last season, Miguel Sapochnik is a serious talent - every scene every set up, from the big action stuff, the build ups, the dialogue, soft and loud, camera shots, incidental music - he just gets it right.
          I'll second that. The battle scene was unequaled: the rich, keen choreography* of what was going on in the background made it entirely immersive. Reminded my of Hard to be God in that respect (even though there were no battles in that). But, as you say, the beats of the rest of it were pretty much perfect.

*it takes brilliant choreography to make loads of men killing each other look and feel entirely random.

Comment

Just caught up with The Winds of Winter. Not generally too keen on these catch-up conclusions that visit every story arc - they could really have held the Dorne and Wall sections over till the next season, and the 'King of the North' scene was a bit excruciating. Would have preferred a bit more time given to King's Landing, given the cataclysmic nature of events there. And I could have told you at the end of season one that the final scene of the concluding episode of the penultimate season (or antepenultimate season, if that's the way it turns out) would be Daenerys at the head of a huge fleet sailing spectacularly across the water to Westeros.

Actually, they could just finish the whole thing with a two and a half hour movie now, couldn't they.

Comment

***SPOILER ALERT ***

Why does Cersei get the throne? With both the male "Baratheon" children dead, wouldn't it go to Stannis's line? Or Myrcella, is she still alive?

Comment

I read an article at the beginning of the series that she was the next in line, it loops all the way around to her.

Ah, here it is

Comment

Sansa will be the power behind the throne in the North.

It will be interesting to see how the 'Littlefinger' problem will play out.

Comment

He is a pissy wee fly in the ointment.

Comment

Rogin le fan du fauteuil wrote: ***SPOILER ALERT ***

Why does Cersei get the throne? With both the male "Baratheon" children dead, wouldn't it go to Stannis's line? Or Myrcella, is she still alive?
                      Myrcella was poisoned by the Dorne women as she was leaving, last season.

Comment

It doesn't matter who was next in line - and it wouldn't be her in any case - there was simply nobody left to stop her, because she blew them all up.

Comment

i wonder did borracho really abandon the series with just a couple of episodes to go.

Comment

NickSTFU wrote: Sansa will be the power behind the throne in the North.

Sorry for being dense (I haven't read the books or probably wasn't paying attention), but what's the origin of his "Littlefinger" moniker?

Comment

Does everyone accept that Cersei did the thing and not care? Is it just looked upon as an accident?

If the religious people were backed by enough that they couldn't be put down militarily then why isn't the rest of Kings Landing a big riot? Are the writers saying that the whole movement was just about the charismatic leader?

I know these things shouldn't annoy me as it's just fantasy but still... I think it's because occasionally the show tries to show normal life like the sept makers and the play. But then that is only there for one character not to actually show the world.

Comment

why isn't the rest of Kings Landing a big riot?

Because she just vaporized an entire sector of the city?

Comment

Slightly Brown wrote:
                                  Originally posted by NickSTFU

Sorry for being dense (I haven't read the books or probably wasn't paying attention), but what's the origin of his "Littlefinger" moniker?
                                  I think this was explained in series 1 but i can't remember where it came from exactly. He is from a place called The Fingers so it is partly to do with that. Where the little part of his nickname comes from i am unsure.

Comment

The area was also where the likely rioters lived, bit of a slum around the building.

Comment

multipleman78 wrote:
                                      Originally posted by Slightly Brown
                                      Originally posted by NickSTFU

I think this was explained in series 1 but i can't remember where it came from exactly. He is from a place called The Fingers so it is partly to do with that. Where the little part of his nickname comes from i am unsure.
                                      Thanks, man. If he's from The Fingers then I'm assuming he's outlived some everyone-thinks-are-harder older brothers. Or maybe he has a big penis, the way that "Little" John was a big fella. Or he just has a small finger. Urg. I gots to know.

Comment

It was a mocking reference to his family's relatively minor holdings at The Fingers, given to him by the brother of Caetlyn Tully (later Srark).

Comment

G-Man wrote: It was a mocking reference to his family's relatively minor holdings at The Fingers, given to him by the brother of Caetlyn Tully (later Srark).
                                          Gotcha. And thanks.

Comment

Just read that season 7 will be the penultimate season but might be just 7 episodes long. However, it was due for release in April 2017 but has been delayed because the weather has been too good!

They need to film wintry scenes (because winter is here, don't you know) but it's been too sunny, so they're having to wait for the shit weather (or maybe relocate to Manchester).

Comment

Makes a change from mugs and T-shirts ...

3 months behind here, only just seen "Hold the door". As usual, I have no idea what's going on in the Big Picture, as I miss most episodes, but even for casual dipper-inners like me, some of the best scenes stand alone. Like that one.

Comment

So two episodes in and well it's on again.

Not enough Wall action; but glad no Slaver's Bay anymore. Pieces being moved into place, and a couple of old faces this week.

Comment

Probably contains SPOILERS etc.

Ah well, after waiting all this time for some really seriously dragon action, it was certainly effective, if rather one sided and dare i say unfair. Isn't there a Westerossi convention against WMD somewhere?

Also first time they have had "fan favourites" really going at each other with full malice a forethought - had to happen as we get to the business end.

However, after watching over the same time period Handmaid's Tale, and Twin Peaks, GOT seems , well a bit lame.

Comment

I guess OTF commentators have obviously abandoned this. Getting as popular as the X Factor does that to a series around here.

So that's it for another season - Generally too rushed and I missed the long road journeys where nothing much was happening but character development , although still a fair good smattering of dialogue.
                                                    - there are worse things to watch.

Best performance was Lena Headey as Cersei - her dark Gloriana style was wonderful.

Effects were of course great - But too little wolf action.

Team bluetooth seem to be heading into the pause on a pretty strong footing. Some awkward moments I see next season....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X