No announcement yet.

The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kererū pigeon wins election as New Zealand bird of the year. Seems like a real winner:

Although quiet and reclusive by nature, kererū have earned a reputation as the drunkest bird in New Zealand, and been known to fall from trees after consuming rotting fruit left lying on the ground.

Comment

Shopkeeper tells armed robbers to come back later - and they do

https://www.rtl.be/info/video/685961.aspx

Comment

I borrowed that to share on my FB wall. Thanks!

Comment

Sinead O Connor must have a new album coming out - novel way of generating attention

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-37459307.html

Comment

Comment

It’s the only reasonable explanation for Maxwell’s Silver Hammer.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-11-2018, 00:05.

Comment

Low-key WTF but the current issue of 'Love Middlesbrough' magazine, published by Middlesbrough council for its residents, includes a competition to win a city break for two in Middlesbrough.

Comment

Second prize is two nights. Boom tish.

Comment

You can now pay for the privilege to buy expensive stadium food, without getting a basketball game in return.

Comment

Basketball = arena.

Baseball - stadia, no?

Comment

That's a fun thing to make fun of, but about 10 years ago, I worked on a project for a large hockey team in Toronto <wink wink> which was trying to deal with the problem of fan engagement when all home games are sold out. Basically the same problem GSW are dealing with. Sounds like a good problem to have, but it's not. If fans can't get 'close', they go away. It's weird.

Comment

Wouter is not a native speaker and hails from a country that hosts the Johan Cruijff ArenA, which is primarily a football ground.

I will allow it.

WOM, wasn’t that the idea behind Maple Leaf Square? What is somewhat strange is that the Warriors are asking people in a near perfect climate to go indoors, whereas the Leafs invite their fans to frolic in below zero temperatures.

The Warriors will sell these things. And then they won’t, when their period of dominance ends.
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 13-11-2018, 21:54.

Comment

Yes, I've no doubt it was. Part of our proposal was using Ricoh Coliseum (where the Marlies play) as a 'virtual arena' where fans could gather to watch on huge, 360 degree screens.
                            And yeah, you've got to be some kind of nut (or a drinker) to stand out there in the dead of winter to watch the Leafs disappoint you. I can stay home and do that.

Comment

Fifty Mission Cap earworm

Comment

Or earWOM, I suppose

Comment

Top five song, right there. It's no Nautical Disaster, but it's up there.

Comment

It's funny...the Leafs permeate to the point where I don't even notice it. I grew up with Dave Keon* on my street and Bobby Baun owned our local Tim Horton's. Howie Meeker owned the local hockey school, and Eddie Shack ran the trailer** that sold Christmas trees.

*Davey if you're a hockey guy.
                                    **It's always an old travel-trailer on a vacant lot with a snow fence around it to keep the low-level rubes from tief'ing the trees at night.

Comment

This would be WTF, if it was anywhere but Florida

Man breaks into a restaurant, strips, plays bongos and eats his own Pot Noodle

Comment

Welcome display of compassion by the restaurant in not prosecuting the poor guy.

Comment

Would-be missionary killed on beach by bow and arrow in the Andaman Islands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46286215

Comment

Good.

Comment

And with the Sentinelese code of Omertà, nobody will ever talk.

Comment

This gadgey that's been jailed for life in the UAE on spying charges.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46288510

Signed a confession in Arabic which he can neither speak nor read.

Yet was researching the country's security policy?

Definite whiff of Jimmy Hill Chinny Reckon there, I fear

Comment

"Poo bacteria" found in drinks at five pub chains.

Seeing as old Mr Wetherspoon is a rabid Brexiteer, he can drink as much liquid shite as he wants.

Comment

Imagine looking for meaning in Oasis lyrics. Durham is beyond parody. Racist weirdo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X