• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on ere, then?

Comment

The community of 2,000 people with 151 cases of sex crime

- cases going back to the 1950s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43478396

Norwegian police have documented 151 cases of sexual abuse, including child rape, in one small community of 2,000 people, north of the Arctic circle. The offences occurred over decades - between the 1950s and 2017 - but were only recently uncovered. How could such serious sex crimes go unchecked for so long?

Comment

Teenager fails driving test by driving her car through the wall of the driving test center

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
          The community of 2,000 people with 151 cases of sex crime

- cases going back to the 1950s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43478396

Norwegian police have documented 151 cases of sexual abuse, including child rape, in one small community of 2,000 people, north of the Arctic circle. The offences occurred over decades - between the 1950s and 2017 - but were only recently uncovered. How could such serious sex crimes go unchecked for so long?
          Sadly, I think it quite possible that if similar sized communities in Canada's North were scrutinized equivalent results might be found.

Comment

If you folks think an average of 2.5 cases of assaults a year in any community of 2000 people is a lot, then you lead very sheltered lives. The Child Abuse charity in ireland isn't called "One in four" for the craic, and I'm unconvinced that Ireland is that much of an outlier. We just talk about it more openly.

The WTF aspect is that these were all investigated, and investigated simultaneously.
            Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 23-03-2018, 00:27.

Comment

Had no idea that this was a competition.

Comment

Apparently not - the offence he's been found guilty of is 'communicating a "grossly offensive" video'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3794926.html

David Baddiel and "Jonathan Pie" also rallying to his cause playing the "it's a joke" card, and that "all comedians" now need to be cautious

Baddiel, Pie, and Gervais all live in England.

Has there been any response from any Scots comedians on their take on whether this was an offence or a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  Had no idea that this was a competition.
                  It's not a competition. It's really not a competition.

Comment

David Baddiel and "Jonathan Pie" also rallying to his cause playing the "it's a joke" card, and that "all comedians" now need to be cautious

Baddiel, Pie, and Gervais all live in England.

Has there been any response from any Scots comedians on their take on whether this was an offence or a joke?
                    Wings over Scotland and his goons on Twitter are all PC gone mad over this. The fucks that will ensure my shitey half country will never be independent.
                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-03-2018, 18:10.

Comment

I know what I'm getting Slipperman (father-in-law) for Xmas:

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/977346518490398726?s=21

Comment

What if some psycho turns up with a gun AND a ream of paper?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            It's not a competition. It's really not a competition.
                            Yeah. It was irony.

Comment

heh, I was a bit sensitive that It might actually have come across as competitive, more than merely incredibly gloomy.

Comment

It was the 'sheltered lives' thing that rankled a bit. But, you know, not that much - it's all a little too grim to get weighed down by semantics.

Comment

What if some psycho turns up with a gun AND a ream of paper?
                                  I wouldn't have thought it possible that anything said in connection with this horrible and grotesquely tragic trend of events could make me laugh out loud, but that post did.

Comment

A wtf to outbid all wtfs.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-west-43532397

"girl seriously hurt and in hospital after car deliberately driven into group of children in Glasgow"

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                      I wouldn't have thought it possible that anything said in connection with this horrible and grotesquely tragic trend of events could make me laugh out loud, but that post did.
                                      Aye.

<applause> indeed.

Comment

oh god, I just discovered that one of the main viewing areas for rocket launches at cape canaveral is a beach, frequented by seniors, where clothing is optional.

Parking area 13 Playalinda beach

Comment

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/...othes-forever/

Fucking hell. “Rational” clothes that would involve a woman stripping off to go to the jacks. Playing the Soviet anthem as a prop at their show. Communism as a lifestyle accessory. Why would anyone want to look like the fucking Who?
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-03-2018, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            oh god, I just discovered that one of the main viewing areas for rocket launches at cape canaveral is a beach, frequented by seniors, where clothing is optional.

Parking area 13 Playalinda beach
                                            There IS a god.

Comment

That’s your holliers sorted out so. “Rocket-spotting”.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/...othes-forever/

Fucking hell. “Rational” clothes that would involve a woman stripping off to go to the jacks. Playing the Soviet anthem as a prop at their show. Communism as a lifestyle accessory. Why would anyone want to look like the fucking Who?
                                                Cheers for that, these people sound unsufferable but
                                                1) their art project is hilarious
                                                2) the article is mildly interesting and more importantly
                                                3) the jumpsuit pattern is free from their website! Brb, off to make myself some ridiculous impractical grease monkey outfit (not kidding either, I'd totally wear that and I've got some spare denim kicking around.)

Comment

Should do it in white or not at all. Clockwork Orange meets trades workerist chic meets mid period Idiot Townsend.

Comment

Then wear it out to a slap up Italian meal. Practical, rational around the bucatini/spaghetti yer balls.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X