The WTF? Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WTF? Thread

The most depressing thing about the North Carolina story about banning solar panels is that a "science teacher" is among the principal opponents.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ms Mann said she had seen areas near solar panels where plants are brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.
      Nothing to do with the scorching heat of a rainless NC summer then?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I don't think we've done this one yet.

A Saudi millionaire has been cleared of raping a teenager after claiming he might have accidentally penetrated the 18-year-old when he tripped and fell on her.
        Are Saudi multi-millionaires simply immune to prosecution in Dave and Gideon's England?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

ursus arctos wrote: I don't think we've done this one yet.

A Saudi millionaire has been cleared of raping a teenager after claiming he might have accidentally penetrated the 18-year-old when he tripped and fell on her.
          Are Saudi multi-millionaires simply immune to prosecution in Dave and Gideon's England?
          Clearly not. He was charged and tried in court, from where he was acquitted by a jury.

Do better.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

What??!

Gideon and Ed Vaizey get credit in Star Wars VII?

What?

(Source. Daily Telegraph)

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Presumably it got some tax break.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Ginger Yellow wrote: Presumably it got some tax break.
                Due to changes in tax law, rather than a break per se

(I had meant to post the link)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/12057500/Why-does-George-Osborne-have-a-credit-in-the-new-Star-Wars-film.html

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Winner of $17 Million Jackpot Receives Prize disguised as a monkey.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

So hollandaise sauce is just lukewarm mayonnaise with too much vinegar that spoils your breakfast then? Wassabout? Ych a fi

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A few years ago there was a children's programme called The Slammer. The premise of this was that light entertainment had been declared illegal, and so all variety acts were locked up in prison. Each week on the programme there would be a "freedom show" in which a number of the inmates would compete to win their freedom.

In Georgia they are doing this in real life.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Louisiana police officer crashes after owl flies into patrol car, here.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

He should have worn protection

Comment

The WTF? Thread

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-lycra-with-erection-hunted-10664094

Police are hunting for a man on his 50s with an erection.

Aren't we all.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Surprisingly breathable

Actually I think this looks great and hope it takes off. It's completely Mega City One (at least for the tiny proportion of MC1 citizens who have office jobs).

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I got quite far into that georgia story before I realised we weren't talking about the Deep South.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Or San Francisco, for that matter.

San Francisco deputies organized ruthless “gladiator-style” matches between jail inmates and at least one trained his coerced fighter while threatening to rape him, a public defender said Thursday.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I must admit it was an impressive mistake on my part, given that the minister in question, is the most caucasian looking Caucasian in the history of caucasians. (does anyone else giggle and think of Georgi Kinkladze when Cop shows talk about Male Caucasians?)

But then again that wouldn't necessarily be a shock in the US.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

MsD wrote: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-lycra-with-erection-hunted-10664094

Aren't we all.
                                      WTF? indeed. If (as a spokesman claimed) he wasn't acting inappropriately at any point, then what's the problem?

Comment

The WTF? Thread

delicatemoth wrote: Surprisingly breathable

Actually I think this looks great and hope it takes off. It's completely Mega City One (at least for the tiny proportion of MC1 citizens who have office jobs).
                                        The inseam on the small would be too short for me. The waist might be a bit big and all.

Since the jeans I brought with me from back home are only going to last one or two more years and I can't get ones that fit me anywhere down here, I'm getting especially sensitive to these things at present. And that's if I completely ignore the fact that it is literally impossible to buy bootcut jeans in Argentina.

Anyway, as you were.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Spite Houses

Comment

The WTF? Thread

Grim and odd obituary from North Carolina.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

MsD wrote: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-lycra-with-erection-hunted-10664094

Aren't we all.
                                              Sam wrote:

WTF? indeed. If (as a spokesman claimed) he wasn't acting inappropriately at any point, then what's the problem?
                                              They had a bone to pick with him.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

I'd love to know which of her loving children wrote that. How completely odd to use an obit to...I don't know...reconcile the past or something.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

A dozen masked St Etienne ultras barged into the wedding reception of an alleged O. Lyon fan in a local chateau shortly before the guests were to come in, fired green smoke bombs and ransacked everything with baseball bats and metal bars. It turns out they had the wrong wedding party.

http://www.sudouest.fr/2015/09/09/guerre-des-supporters-des-fans-de-saint-etienne-saccagent-par-erreur-le-buffet-d-un-mariage-2119118-766.php

I hope La Verte has a strong alibi.

Comment

The WTF? Thread

WOM wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by Incandenza
                                                    I'd love to know which of her loving children wrote that. How completely odd to use an obit to...I don't know...reconcile the past or something.
                                                    Who is Dave and his mistress???

Comment

Working...
                                                    X