Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Bad

I hope I haven't missed a thread on this. Is anyone watching (or has anyone seen) Breaking Bad? It's not here in the UK yet as far as I know (and I don't know how far behind we are) but I believe it's been running for a while in the US.

I've just watched the first three episodes and I think it has the potential to be brilliant. I'm totally hooked.

Don't want to say too much, but at the start I couldn't see how the storyline could extend to a long-running series. Episode 1 turned out to be a blinder and now, after three, I can see so much potential. It's cleverly written and can be very funny in places.

Does it stay this good? Please tell me it does.

Breaking Bad

Good timing. I just started watching it after hearing numerous recommendations. I'm not sure it's quite brilliant - the veering between absurdity and sombreness is a bit offputting at times - but it's very watchable. And yes it does stay as good as the first three episodes. I'm a few episodes into season 2 at the moment. Supposedly this is the dip in the series, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. Season 3 is supposed to be outstanding.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Yeah. I've watched all three seasons and the standard sustains very well. It's not a genre bending series like The Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men but extremely well-written and — particularly — well-acted all the same. AMC seem to have really hit a groove lately.

Comment

Breaking Bad

There was a thread: http://www.wsc.co.uk/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,73/func,view/id,379279/catid,30/#379279

Comment

Breaking Bad

Ooops... sorry, I missed that. Good to hear it maintains its promise of entertaining viewing anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X