Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring my Bellamy!

delicatemoth wrote:

If your club's fucking around what can you do?.
    I disagree, I think it's your duty to try and do something and I've done so over the last decade with Cardiff resulting in some quite unpleasant circumstances.

However, while I accept the complaints from supporters of other clubs in our division about unfairness I simply don't think the Bellamy deal is going to be the factor which determines our ultimate administration, those are probably already in place from previous regimes.

And, let's be honest, I am also like a kid at Xmas about the prospect of this player, of all players in world football, coming to us.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

As would anyone else on this list if they were truthful.

I read delicatemoth's position as meaning that you aren't going to "completely wash your hands of it". "It", I assume, is supporting the club which obviously isn't going to go.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Harry Truscott wrote:
        delicatemoth wrote:

If your club's fucking around what can you do?.
        I disagree, I think it's your duty to try and do something and I've done so over the last decade with Cardiff resulting in some quite unpleasant circumstances.
        Fair play. Personally I wouldn't have a clue where to start, apart from trying to convince fellow supporters that throwing around money you don't have is not a good idea.

And, let's be honest, I am also like a kid at Xmas about the prospect of this player, of all players in world football, coming to us.
        I'd be the same in your shoes. I'm also certain that my club, and probably the majority of clubs in the division, would have done the same deal given the opportunity.

Bored - yes, that is what I meant by 'it'. Mind you, it's a bit moot for me as I can't currently afford non-league football, let alone the prices charged by Leicester.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Harry Truscott wrote:
          Well, I think the thrust of the complaints was that if you're going to have an FL chairman campaigning about financial probity then it would be better if he hadn't been complicit in taking a club in to administration in such controversial circumstances that the FL changed it's rules as a reaction.
          I'll admit that Leicester's entry into administration was controversial (it was a choice of them doing that or Eric Hall looking to winding them while they were preparing to appeal a court ruling which stated that they shouldn't have sacked Dennis Wise for breaking Callum Davison's jaw while Davison slept).

But that wasn't why the rules were changed, the rules were changed because having just been relegated from the Premier League, Leicester still had a side capable of being promoted, and this was a bad thing. They could have sold players to pay their creditors, but no-one wanted to cover the £13m they'd just spent on Richard Cresswell, Ade Akinbiyi, James Scowcroft and Trevor Benjamin.

To be honest, these weren't my complaints as I didn't make the connection initially and don't have all the info on Clarke's involvement with Leicester's administration.
          Well, put it this way, the worst thing about Leicester's administration, was what the new owners (not including Clarke) shafted many creditors, leaving many with nothing, after they closed the old company down.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I think when Manchester City realised they had a big problem with suitors like Tottenham chasing Craig Bellamy they should have turned to Danny Dyer for advice.

Then they could have cut Bellamy up so he don't look pretty anymore and no-one else would want him.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

delicatemoth wrote:
              Harry Truscott wrote:
              I'd be the same in your shoes. I'm also certain that my club, and probably the majority of clubs in the division, would have done the same deal given the opportunity.
              Looks like Santa is about to visit the East Midlands as well.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I'm pretty sure the Heskey rumours are unfounded. I think it stems from Oliveira being asked whether a hypothetical return for Heskey would be comparable to the Bellamy deal. Villa have no compelling reason to want to offload him on the cheap and, even if this '£10m to spend' that has been plucked out of the air has some foundation, there's no way we could match his wages.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

At least nobody's getting carried away.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I hope "thelikesof" Leo Fortune's Vest enjoys his victory this afternoon. 3 points guaranteed

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I'm virtually certain that Harry's reaction to those Cardiff Castle images is similar to mine with regard to Barca's "Mes Que un Club" bollocks.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Nah, I think they're charming. I know it'll all end in tears but you have to love such absurdity.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I think that they show that Bellamy is, indeed, more than a club

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Well that was fun, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Cardiff City game where everything so conformed to the Roy of the Rovers plotline. Well, apart from Donny outplaying us early on.

Bellamy's 60/70 yard pass for our third is worth looking out for.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

The bastard is still taking the piss out of the Munich disaster as well

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Leo Fortunes Vest wrote:
                                One man's 60/70 yard pass, is another man's hoof downfield.

Bellamy added figures to the gate, a lot of merchandise to the shop (and Sloper Road), and excitement to the crowd that (probably) wouldn't have been there for a routine league visit from TheLikesOfDoncaster. However beyond that his impact on the actual game wasn't overly significant. He scored a belter of a free-kick but he was hardly central to the play. Other city players like Burke now playing for their places were more impressive.
                                Nah Leo, the pass was a great spot and execution from him. That much was clear from the halfway line.

You're right about Bellamy's influence though, I've said elsewhere how Burke, Bothroyd, Olofinjana and even Drinkwater had more overall impact on the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X