Ring my Bellamy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring my Bellamy!

Craig coming home to Cardiff for a loan until January at least according to very strong local rumours and reports.

Ring my Bellamy!

indeed. Jay bothroyd himself told me so yesterday

thought it was 6 months, that's got to be at least feb if not march

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

It's this "six month" loan thing makes me suspicious. Any loan is going to be until January or for a season. There is no point in him returning to Man City outside a transfer window with the 25 man squad rule.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

The end of January would be five and a half, perhaps he was approximating.

He can play at a much higher level but it sounded from his quote about retiring recently that he's getting pissed off with the game. I guess he just wants to play locally for the sake of enjoying it. Good luck to him, was brilliant last year.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

The problem with Bellamy is that MAn City are refusing to sell him to a rival.

So he either has 3 choices.

1. go abroad.
          2. play for a premiership struggler
          3. Sit in the stiffs.

Maybe he is tired of being a traveller and never settling anywhere due to either falling out with people or going to a bigger club.
          Coming out and slagging off City and Manchini to engineer a move to Spurs was a dumb move, espeically when it was his fault Spurs got that goal at Eastlands before going on to hi-five Redknapp after the final whistle.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Seven Saxon Kings wrote:
            it sounded from his quote about retiring recently that he's getting pissed off with the game. I guess he just wants to play locally for the sake of enjoying it. Good luck to him, was brilliant last year.
            It sounded like he was just being a whiney git trying to engineer the move he wants by making some threat to retire. The only thing he is pissed off about it not getting his way.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Well, he might be pissed off about having an excellent season for the club and then being bitched about by the manager. At the moment, Bellamy appears to have far more value as a player than Mancini does as a manager (or Marwood as an administrator).

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

But the club has made it pretty clear where it sides itself. Mancini hasn't seemed to agitate too much of the Bellamy situation; Hughes' sacking led to Bellamy being all spiteful for something Mancini didn't have anything to do with, the relationship never improving from that bad start.

Bellamy is an excellent player. It is just a shame his personality is so strong he can talk himself out of a club when he is playing incredibly well.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

dglhand of god wrote:
                  Mancini hasn't seemed to agitate too much of the Bellamy situation
                  Well, it's been reported that it's Mancini's "if I can handle Bellamy and Tevez I can handle Balotelli" comment in a press conference which brought the current situation to a head and Tevez isn't too happy about it either. It was epecially stupid as it seems clear Mancini can't actually handle him.

I know Bellamy's a volatile, gobby character but managers like Strachan, Hughes, Bobby Robson and Curbishley have managed to deal with him and even re-signed him. Maybe Mancini is more of the Souness/Benitez mould.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

If Benitez hadn't ditched the narky little cunt after he attacked another player with a golf club for not doing Karaoke, he would have been badly failing in his duties as a manager.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I would have thought it was obvious to anyone that the whole golf club schmozzle was totally Benitez's fault, no?

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Tevez is not in the same class as Bellamy though. And with Balotelli - it isn't that managing an asshole is the problem; Balotelli is his temperamental lunatic

Plus they have a prior relationship, much like Hughes etc who resign the same guy as they can direct their crazy. I hadn't read that he stated he could control Bellamy - it has seemed quite apparent that this is not the case since about February.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Looks like he's signed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8919925.stm

Hell of a coup for Cardiff and Redknapp can get fucked with his 'waste of an oustanding player' stuff.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I thought Cardiff were broke. Where are they getting the money to subsidise his wages and where does this leave Chopra, McCormack and Henry-lite?

I for one am glad he is not coming to Spurs as we don't really need all the dressing room drama he would bring.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I think Man City are going to be paying quite a lot of his wages. If I was a Cardiff fan, I'd be a bit concerned that his arrival would pave the way for Chopra or Whittingham to be sold.

Who is Henry-lite? Bothroyd?

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I imagine he's either taking a big pay cut, or Man City are funding most of it.

Harry and rick will know more, but I think McCormack was possibly on his way out already. As for which of Bothroyd or Chopra makes way for Bellamy, I've no idea.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

McCormack will be gone by the end of the month, possibly to Ipswich or Hull. I am slightly worried that the club may accept an offer for Whittingham if Bellamy comes, especially with Koumas now signed.

As to how we're paying for it, well I think Man City are probably paying the majority of his weekly wage but that still leaves a huge chunk of money to cover. Basically, it would appear that the new administration at the club have decided on one more big spin of the roulette wheel gambling an even bigger amount on promotion with the loan signings above plus Olofinjana and more to come.

I think the attitude is we may as well go bust for £35/40m as for £25/30m, there's a line about a sheep and a lamb I am tactfully avoiding.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

If I was a Cardiff fan, I'd be a bit concerned that his arrival would pave the way for Chopra or Whittingham to be sold
                                    Whittingham looked on his way out anyway but that has gone quiet. McCormack probably is. You can play Bellamy with Chopra and Bothroyd very easily. As a winger, in a front 3 or even behind Bothroyd and Chopra, I suppose.

Really really not a done deal however

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Good grief, I forgot about Koumas, forget Bellamy playing behind Chopra and Bothroyd then.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

It's on. Get the (gobby little) fuck in!

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Motherwell aren't quite so happy, given that Cardiff owe them £170,000+ for Paul Quinn:

“The Board now believe that Cardiff’s position is untenable given their activity in the transfer market acquiring Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana, Martin John and today, the loan signing of Manchester City’s Craig Bellamy.

“Given all these circumstances and with legal and moral weight behind us, Motherwell FC have no option but to immediately pursue all legal routes to ensure this significant sum is paid to us as quickly as possible."
                                          Hard to argue with that.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

I totally agree, it's an embarrassment.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

Almost as embarrassing as our own chairman, "succesful businessman" John Boyle, blowing his gasket on Sky Sports News. Much as I would like Cardiff to pay up - he's not really the best placed chairman to be preaching about settling debts (football or otherwise)in full.

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

it looks like chris burke may be the one to make way, with bellamy and chopra playing out wide with jay in the centre

Comment

Ring my Bellamy!

The rumour up here is that a Loovens/McCormack swap is on the cards.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X