Season Ticket Prices giving me the low down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£500-odd quid to watch Stoke City, Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton, Wigan, West Brom, Middlesbrough and Hull City...

To quote a famous T-shirt of yesteryear: "Stuff yer superleague!"

Comment

its irrelevant who the opposition is though...you are there to watch your own team play ...

Comment

Club: New England Revolution

League: MLS

Actual price you paid: £140 (end zone standing section) 15 league games + 5 'others' (if I renewed in December I could have saved £20) The season ticket gets you free parking for all 20 'events' - parking is free for everyone for League 'events' only. e.g. it will be $20 for the Brazil vs Venezuela game next week.

Did you pay cash/credit card/instalments scheme: Credit card..

Increase on last year: £20

Is it the cheapest Adult ticket: Yes (most expensive is £280)

How many years you've had a ticket for: 13th season.

My best mate is renewing at Kings Lynn

Club : Kings Lynn

League: Conference North or perhaps by this time next week - Conference South

Actual price you paid: £155 (standing)
        (prices will go up on June 2nd - new prices not yet revealed)

Did you pay cash/credit card/instalments scheme: Credit card..

Increase on last year: None (but there will be an increase come June 2nd)

Is it the cheapest Adult ticket: Yes (most expensive is £170)

How many years you've had a ticket for: since the 80's...

Comment

Club: Huddersfield Town
          League: League One
          Actual price you paid: £175
          Did you pay cash/credit card/instalments scheme: Cash
          Increase on last year: -£Hundreds (can't find last season's prices)
          Is it the cheapest Adult ticket: No - cheapest is £100
          How many years you've had a ticket for: This is my first since 1997

Comment

Bought the Ilves ticket in the end. They have a bar this year! And you can watch the game from there, right next to the pitch! Money well spent. hic.

Comment

And watch out anyone in the Yorkshire region as we're going to re-open our £100 season ticket offer and advertise it on prime-time telly!

Come watch our new signing - Jade Goody-shagging brothel-creeping chip-throwing tearaway Keigan Parker!

Comment

He was fucking ace on Champo.

I know that phrase gets used too often on here, but it's no less true.

Comment

It normally gets used by someone else if I can't go though and this season's Cup games and the allocation I get as an ST holder has helped to make it worthwhile. I also absolutely love the view from my seat but I (probably) only have one more season of that.
                  i went to 3 games at ninian last season (what a fan). 1 time harrys tic and the other 2 next to harry as our mutual mate couldn't make it. awesome seats. right next to directors box. able to heckle david jones daughters boyfriend

have a 199 tic same as PBF for next season, probably do a few more games next year. 6 i think. bought it early to ensure wembley tics

100% cardiff city me

first had a ST 1982-83 season. 30 quid i think. had that until 87.

started getting one again in 2001. never see enough games to make it econoically viable. 200 quid isnt a great deal of money to see the games you want, free entry into away travel club (although i never go) but good to say 'cardiff city ST holder' in football discussions

Comment

Rushden & Diamonds
                    Conference (National)
                    £280 (for Trust members, who pay £15 to join the Trust)
                    Cash
                    Price frozen from last year
                    Is it the cheapest Adult ticket: No, it's seating. Terrace costs £240 inc. Trust membership
                    How many years you've had a ticket for: 11 or 12

Comment

rick derris wrote:
                      It normally gets used by someone else if I can't go though and this season's Cup games and the allocation I get as an ST holder has helped to make it worthwhile. I also absolutely love the view from my seat but I (probably) only have one more season of that.
                      i went to 3 games at ninian last season (what a fan). 1 time harrys tic and the other 2 next to harry as our mutual mate couldn't make it. awesome seats. right next to directors box. able to heckle david jones daughters boyfriend
                      I ended up in those seats (to the left of the box) for Cwmbran v Celtic years ago. They are a great view. I was next to the mayoress of Cwmbran, who appeared to hate football, football fans, singing, people, and everything else that you find in a football ground.

Comment

This happens every year we do this, but for those on the continent, the non-league prices are just staggering.

Comment

Oxford United
                          Conference National
                          £240
                          Debit card
                          £30 less than last season
                          No, the cheapest is £223
                          Every season since 1996/97 inclusive - that's, er, 13 years now.

Comment

repeater wrote:
                            Rushden & Diamonds
                            Conference (National)
                            £280 (for Trust members, who pay £15 to join the Trust)
                            Leo Fortune-West's £1400 a week doesn't pay itself!

Comment

Queens Park Rangers
                              Championship
                              £525
                              Interest free footy credit card from Barclays
                              £125 increase - Lucky for me I’ve just been promoted so i can afford it
                              Last 15 years in various places round the loft

I think there are season tickets in and around the big wheels for about £20K! Executive boxes have gone from £5K to £70K which is £10K more then Arsenal.

Comment

What gets me is th eclub line on this from QPR we are getting you better players and we are heading for the prem then the champions league.

Yet we have two billionaires on the board.
                                Could only happen at QPR.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23487962-details/Season+tickets+hike+at+Rangers+sparks+outrage/article.do

Comment

Club: Port Vale
                                  League: Div 2 (4th tier)
                                  Actual price you paid: £183
                                  Paid by: cheque
                                  Increase on last year: minus £150 (relegation + innovative scheme to recapture interest in ailing club)
                                  Is it the cheapest Adult ticket: YES
                                  How many years you've had a ticket for: My first!

Comment

Mighty Mudhsuden wrote:
                                    Leo Fortune-West's £1400 a week doesn't pay itself!
                                    Indeed. Thankfully we're rid of him now.

Comment

Thanks guys some useful information there. I'll get my team of top-notch analysts on to it now.

So it looks like almost everyone pays by credit card. It does kind of make it easier for clubs to put prices up.

But then again if the credit dries up, they are in for a hammering.

Comment

Club - Leyton Orient
                                        League - One (div three)
                                        Actual price you paid - £320 (though haven't bought it yet, and, as of recent few years, will share with mate - he misses the midweek games, I miss a lot of Saturdays)
                                        Did you pay cash/credit card/instalments scheme - off current account debit card, up front.
                                        Increase on last year - prices frozen
                                        Is it the cheapest Adult ticket - yes, and still way too high
                                        How many years you've had a ticket for - seven or eight under current arrangement.

Comment

Colchester United - relegated from the Championship with barely a whimper last year - have announced rises of 60%.

Admittedly they have just built a new stadium (with no access road but that's another Council success story) but the cheapest adult season ticket if purchased after 1/6/08 is £460 - the most expensive is £598. And they boast that it's ONLY FROM £20 per game to watch a bunch of clowns who wouldn't stand out in a park on a Sunday morning.

No doubt the novelty of the new stadium will attract early interest but at those prices it will soon be followed by empty stadium and successive relegation. The board/council deserve it

Comment

I forgot to mention that season ticket holders get free coffee and cake at halt time during FC Haka games. Great value for money, but it might have something to do with their financial troubles.

Comment

Club - Barnsley

Division - 'Championship'

Price - £290 (Cheapest)

Payment - Debit Card

Price Difference - £10 cheaper, and a free kids season ticket

This will be my second season.

Comment

Hey fair play to Barnsley - prices down after the season you've had.

Comment

Working...
                                                X