Sherlock Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherlock Holmes

Ok so I finally caught up with the final episode. Like the previous two I enjoyed it as frivolous entertainment, but the show has completely lost the "holy shit" factor of series 1 and 2. Is there any chance that Sherlock is actually going to solve some cases in the next series? The only reason the last episode felt like a return to form was because the previous 2 were so poor. I don't think it was as good as any of the episodes from the previous series'. And another thing I wish they would stop with the whole 'undercover in Eastern Europe' bollocks. He's a private detective not Jason fucking Bourne.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

The (rather peculiar) Victorian game's afoot!

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

?

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Being shown here tonight on PBS. I think it might be the first time a new drama has premiered on the same day on both sides of the Atlantic.

PBS is clearly afraid of losing viewers to bit torrent downloads, as has been the case with Downton Abbey particularly.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

I am so desperately unexcited about Sherlock. Never really got on with it and gave up a few episodes ago. Just too Moffatty.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Bit worried that was shit. Can't make my mind up about it at all.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

I'd have preferred a follow up in the current era or a stand alone Victorian episode. It felt muddled once they began to shift between the two time periods.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Hated it, for exactly the reason Sean stated. Very disappointing.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

That's the second time in less than two months that Moffat has aired a story that hinges on the plot being so absurd that the characters realise it can't be real. At least this one didn't have fucking eye-sleep monsters.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Awful, and like the crappiest new Dr Who, it's all about Relationships, which we can't work out for ourselves but have to have spelt out via long speeches and soppy music.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

I would have preferred Cumberbatch as a Victorian Holmes, tbh.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Femme Folle wrote: Hated it, for exactly the reason Sean stated. Very disappointing.
                          And even the plot device was rather hokum - would 2014 Sherlock really go into a mind-palace trance over an entirely unrelated ACD canon case? The S3 finale at least suggested that future plots would go back to basics, but now it has officially jumped the shark.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

If they DO do another series, and don't bring Moriarty back into it, they've effectively killed the golden goose. Once again, last night, he was the best thing in it.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Maybe they should do a series with Moriarty as the main character. I would watch that.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

It was better than Mrs Brown's Boys.

The next series is due in 2017.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: If they DO do another series, and don't bring Moriarty back into it, they've effectively killed the golden goose. Once again, last night, he was the best thing in it.
                                  NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO.NO!

If I never see that bantering jackanapes again, it'll be a decade too late.

His demise in the Victorian era was an entirely fitting end for the weed. he is a worm i diskard him.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Swimming against the tide of opinion here; but that was the best thing over the Xmas period by a country or urban mile, and better than the past two series of Doctor Who put together.

They obviously had fun making it, and I had fun watching it - jobs a good'un.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

Utter gibberish. The writers got through even more coke than their characters.

Comment

Working...
                                      X