Inception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inception

The propulsive soundtrack is what made it for me.

(The entire film is about guilt, in general.)

Comment

Inception

Slightly Brown wrote: The propulsive soundtrack is what made it for me.

(The entire film is about guilt, in general.)
      The soundtrack is very good, but it did sound like Zimmer had been listening to Boards Of Canada, I think!

Comment

Realising that I've never actually watched Inception, I sat down to do so last night. It seems to have been influential on other films because, even in the hour and a half that I managed, there were lots of scenes that seemed very familiar visually and directorially, which I realised were reminding me of other things made since.

I abandoned ship halfway through though. What killed it for me was that at heart it is a by-the-book heist movie and that each new tick on the genre check list made the vaulting ambition of the dream sequences seem slightly ridiculous. That the dream/wake up cycle quickly becomes repetitive didn't help with sustaining disbelief and holding attention.

In fairness, as Leo fronted misfires by notable directors go, I'd still probably prefer to give it another go than ever watch The Wolf Of Wall Street again.

Comment

I've never watched it all the way through, but have seen all of it. Couldn't make head nor tail of it the first time, and now I just get a bit bored and find it a bit silly.

The reason I watch it at all is, frankly, Tom Hardy. With Cillian Murphy a trailing second. Then the special effects.

It's much discussed in film school, and in some cultural studies, so is an "important" film in that way, but it's a bit fucking tedious.

Leo is a an actor whom I like in films that I like, I've never been blown away by his acting, personally.

Comment

TH was enunciating well; he's maybe become a bit reliant on grunting/whispering/headbutting walls since then.

Agree with you about Leo. He's watchable enough but his performances are fairly interchangeable.

Comment

I'm a late visitor to this thread. That Scrooge McDuck/Inception rip off thing earlier in the thread blew my mind. And confirmed my worst fears about the shallow as a baby pool Nolan brothers. Seem to remember the Bradshaw type glowing reviews comparing this my eyes glaze over masterpiece to Borges. A Disney comic seems a more realistic level of homage. Comic was probably more fun but.

Comment

Working...
              X