football podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

football podcasts

spent most of the last few days tidying the house and sorting out my music collection

over the next 5 weeks i will be spending even more time at my PC as I am marking a'level exam papers online.

i have seen some reference to decent football podcats, now i am needy and ready

have the baker and kelly stuff. wouldn't mind some decent spanish/portugese, eastern europe and north/south american

any suggestions?

football podcasts

www.footballportugalpodcast.com

Comment

football podcasts

Sid Lowe on Spanish football is the best thing about the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast.

The North American ones are all dire, and Sam Kelly hasn't started his Argentine one yet.

Maybe you could get find someone to read Sam's posts on Argentina, Pitacodegringo's on Brazil and Jonathan Wilson's columns on Eastern Europe while you mark.

Comment

football podcasts

I like hearing the World Football phone-in podcast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/wf/

Comment

football podcasts

The Times does a good one - The Game, with Marcotti and Balague on it, plus selected guests. Keeps me amused when I've listened to those listed above!

Comment

football podcasts

On the subject of the BBC's World Football Phone in, I have a few things to say. Just listening to the latest one now.

Tim Vickery provides excellent answers to questions on South American football, and Andy Brassell on Europe and Sean Wheelock on MLS can be very informative.

The main problem is some of the callers! Tim Vickery has the tremendous patience with some of the questions asked about him. I shouted out loud in the car today when for what must be the third or possibly fourth week running someone asked about Cruzeiro striker Marcelo Moreno. Vickery provided an excellent summary of his abilities and potential for playing in Europe. The stupid thing was that the call came from a bloke who calls in every single week!

You will notice quickly that there are two people who phone in every week.

1) Andrew from Blackheath, a Charlton fan who has a relationship with presenter Dotun that goes outside of the show. Prepare for 5 minutes of banter with him before he inevitably asks Sean Wheelock if there is any news on Corey Gibbs who never appeared for the Charlton team.

2) Cleo from Aldershot, an Arsenal fan. A female caller who is slightly less annoying than Andrew.

Worth perservering with for the Vickery insights though.

I'm also a fan of the Football Portugal Podcast which has really grown in strength as the season has progressed. Their insights into Portuguese life and life around football are very interesting too. Perhaps worth going in to the archive and digging out some of the older episodes.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X