In the canyons of your mind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...which is where, when you're at work, and through no prompting or cause, you suddenly remember a film that you rarely see on the box anymore, even though it was screened quite a bit some time ago, in the remaining blush of youth you had left.

I recalled Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman as an old, decrepit hospital-bound Indian survivor, recounting to a hack his days in the last fits and starts of the Wild West. It was a western with lashings of humour and good viewing in all, and I recall especially the astounding ageing make-up job (by Dick Smith) on Hoffman, who was totally unrecognisable under very convincing latex appliances. I don't know where the recollection came from and why it popped up, but the question just sprang up: where did it go and why is it rarely seen- if ever - nowadays?

Any other examples?

I'm sorry, I wanted to have something better to add, but the thread title gave me a Windmills of Your Mind earworm, and then I got to thinking that if you could combine the Canyons of Your Mind with the Windmills of Your Mind you could really get a lot of Ecologically Friendly Electricity of Your Mind.

Comment

A Michel Legrand reference is always welcome, Monsieur Crusoe.

Comment

I want to see the film of Barry England's Figures in a Landscape, which, if I remember right, was pretty well received by the critics at the time but died a death at the box-office.

It just never comes to a TV screen near you, however.

Comment

Working...
        X