Worst TV Pundit Awards, World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Dempsey improved as things went on but thanked all his panellists with their full names except for Francis Awaratife, who was just Francis.

Comment

Insert witty username wrote:
      If you thing you've had it bad, watch the fair and unbiased team made up by Paco Gonzalez and José Antonio Camacho and think again. Notice how Camacho slowly morphs into Peter Griffin.

Spain vs Paraguay

Spain vs Germany

Spain vs Holland
      When did Bruce Forsyth have his chin remodelled to a sensible size, and what's he doing sitting on the far side of those two in that second video?

Comment

For the Dutch speakers amongst us here is some hysterical radio commentary from Jack van Gelder over the Spanish goal.

Rough translation:

Iniesta is off side, to Fabregas, back to Iniesta who is off side for the second time - and he scores! - But he was off side! - It's off-side, it's off side, it's off side. It's 100% offside - Surely not again - have Holland been beaten by yet another refereeing blunder? - Where's the replay? I wanna see the replay - It was 100% off-side - Yellow card for Mathijsen - it was off side - I want to see the replay - surely it can't be that such a crucial game such a crucial refereeing mistake is made - the Spanish are going crazy but it was off-side - Holland have been robbed - it was just off side - where is that replay? It was off-side - ok here's the replay...........

Here he's on side, and then here......

Oh.....

Ok he was 100% onside, a good goal - my excuses...

Well the Dutch have come very far in this tournament...

Comment

See, I don't mind that at all.

2. Steven Keshi calling Edgar Davids "Dave".
          That is genius. I still haven't seen it. Is it on Youtube?

I did enjoy Ray Stubbs asking Shaka Hislop on South Africa Nightly....
          "So, who'd have thought, that after a month of football, we'd be talking about an octopus?"
          Now, why didn't we have that? Stubbs and Hislop. I would have paid for that

Comment

The Purple Cow wrote:
            For the Dutch speakers amongst us here is some hysterical radio commentary from Jack van Gelder over the Spanish goal.

Rough translation:

Iniesta is off side, to Fabregas, back to Iniesta who is off side for the second time - and he scores! - But he was off side! - It's off-side, it's off side, it's off side. It's 100% offside - Surely not again - have Holland been beaten by yet another refereeing blunder? - Where's the replay? I wanna see the replay - It was 100% off-side - Yellow card for Mathijsen - it was off side - I want to see the replay - surely it can't be that such a crucial game such a crucial refereeing mistake is made - the Spanish are going crazy but it was off-side - Holland have been robbed - it was just off side - where is that replay? It was off-side - ok here's the replay...........

Here he's on side, and then here......

Oh.....

Ok he was 100% onside, a good goal - my excuses...

Well the Dutch have come very far in this tournament...
            Are you kidding? That's fantastic!!!

:-)

Comment

Bored of Education wrote:
              See, I don't mind that at all.

2. Steven Keshi calling Edgar Davids "Dave".
              That is genius. I still haven't seen it. Is it on Youtube?
              No. I've been scouring the internet for it (well, I've checked YouTube, Daily Motion and tried a Google search) and can't find it anywhere.

Comment

I wish i had recorded this. It took a while to sink in as at first I assumed there was another Dave on the set.

It was only when he spoke just after Davids when he said, "I agree with what Dave has said there" This was during the France v Uruguay match on the opening day on Supersport.

Comment

Lawrenson was clearly the very worst pundit , just as hes the bbcs worst at any time, any competition.The slow drone, the exasperated tenor, the agitated demeanour of an ageing uncle about to take his nephews on a 10 hour drive to somewhere he doesnt want to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X