Worst TV Pundit Awards, World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The field is still wide open at this early stage, but Edgar Davids is particularly rubbish, isn't he? Talks like he's on sedatives and says the bare minimum required to pick up his appearance fee.

Actually, I thought that the other guy (not Edgar) was even more rubbish, and has been cribbing notes from here (Greece defending their 0-1 at half-time)

Comment

The BBC put their bid in to win this award by rolling out Richard Clayd......er, Jurgen Klinsmann.

Tip for the TV companies:- when choosing pundits for a global football tournament, avoid the Low Countries like the fucking plague.

Comment

You missed a 'ö', there, Georgeous.

(What is that thing over the o, called?)

Comment

I have changed my mind about Adebayor. He actually knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Umlaut

Comment

LaVecchiaSmoggie wrote:
              Umlaut
              Thanks. My lack of knowledge, knows, no bounds. (Or, my memory is mullered.)

Comment

I'm going to nominate Mick McCarthy for his extensive research, and not realising Veron was still playing for Argentina until an hour before kickoff.

Comment

Yeah, that was quite a breathtaking admission of ignorance from McCarthy.

Comment

Technicky Vizionar wrote:
                    I'm going to nominate Mick McCarthy for his extensive research, and not realising Veron was still playing for Argentina until an hour before kickoff.
                    Not to mention calling him Revon. Roy Keane was right, in a way.

Comment

Jonathan Pearce made sure he got the fact that Veron's nickname is La Brujita in.

Shame he then proceeded to claim it means The Little Wizard.

All you have to do is check your facts Jonathan. Wikipedia would even have helped you here.

And Garth Crooks. Garth pompous patronising Crooks. At the World Cup. Again.

Since 1998, he has phoned in every sodding colour piece and feature he has put together. He is awful.

Comment

Hofzinser wrote:
                        Yeah, that was quite a breathtaking admission of ignorance from McCarthy.
                        Indeed. I thought that I was losing touch when I realised that I didn't know Bum Kun Cha's son was playing for South Korea earlier.

This was a bit different.

Comment

VizTopTips BBC. Put a stop to the awful monotonous droning noises at World Cup games by simply not employing Mick McCarthy as commentator

Comment

It has been and always will be Alan Shearer, it's like listening to Charlie Brown's teacher.

Comment

MyOldMansADutchman wrote:
                              Thanks. My lack of knowledge, knows, no bounds. (Or, my memory is mullered.)
                              Müller-ed...as in the yoghurt.

Comment

I'm sure you have some bad people on TV over there, but Alexi Lalas here makes us the heavyweights of this competition.

ESPN has also given us Steven McManamamaman.

Comment

Andy pissing Townsend.

Comment

The thing about McCarthy is not just that he talks rubbish, he talks too much rubbish. He is far too active for a co-commentator.

Can I nominate a curiously morose Kevin Keegan with his unfinished sentences fading out sadly into the ether in World Cup 94. Also Chris Waddle who came out with gems like 'I think that was a harse decision' when Leonardo was sent off for that horrible elbowing incident.

Comment

SBS host Pul Dempsey couldn't even pronounce his own expert's name - that must win a prize.

Comment

Andy pissing Townsend.
                                        I know he's an easy target, but this.

Comment

I dunno, I quite like Andy Townsend. Not because he talks sense, especially, but at least he seems alive and awake and alert, and bothered about what he's watching. In this respect he's the Anti-Hansen.

Comment

Yeah Townsend's not so bad.
                                            What is it with Lineker's teeth? My God they are just a radioactive white mush. He should ask for his money back.

Comment

Incacakes wrote:
                                              ESPN has also given us Steven McManamamaman.
                                              Doo doo do-do-doo

Comment

I'm usually able to let poor commentating and punditry flow past me but MickMac's relentless monotone negativity during the Argentina V Nigeria game quite lowered the spirits.

I'm praying for him to get into a furious row with a vuvuzela saleman whilst tying up his shoelaces, necessitating a World Cup-long stay in a proctology clinic.

Comment

There was a piece in the papers where a boffin was speculating what kind of noise would be needed to cancel out the whine of the vuvuzelas. I think the BBC commentary team have found the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X