Send Them Victorious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Them Victorious

"Okay, guys, listen up, this is where I make like Van McCoy and do hustle . ."

Yes, that's the way I'm going to be speaking for the next week or so. Just to update on previous threads and point out that Send Them Victorious: England's Path To Glory 2006-2010 (zerO) is out and that copies are at last emerging from the presses.

If you wish to buy a copy, I believe WSC will be selling it on this site. The other good option is to go to Amazon, who nowadays are a great determinator of profile, sales, etc. Price is currently reduced from "a giveaway" to "practically making a loss on it, guv'nor". A push with them this week would, according to my publishers, certainly make them prick up their ears and those of the world of letters at large. Furthermore, if anyone were moved to write any sort of a review of the book, this would also be very much to the good and much appreciated by my humble self, who otherwise would have to do what most authors apparently end up doing and write one myself under an unconvincing nom de plume.

Incidentally, if anyone has already ordered it from Amazon and either received, or not received a copy, could they please let me know?

Thanks very much, all.

Send Them Victorious

Is it available in e-book form at all wingco .

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Gosh, Amazon are out of stock. And by the time i'd typed 'send th' in the search bar it came up with the full title as a suggestion.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Dalliance, 'fraid not. Hard-ish copy only. Still worth ordering even if you get the "Out Of Stock" thing.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Those of us of a...er... shall we say less Anglophile bent may be concerned about the stain it would leave on our Amazon purchasing record and what future recommendation might ensue.

At least in a bookshop we can sidle up to the counter, buy it surreptitiously and swiftly slip it between the dust jacket of some more socially acceptable (like 'Mein Kampf' for instance) to enjoy on the train.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Harrie, I've heard those purchasing record stains wash out with a bit of Chomsky or can even be dry cleaned with a bit of Dostoevsky.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

I ordered it from Amazon before the end of May. They emailed and said posting would be delayed until 7th June so I should get it in the next day or so.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

I’m a little bit disappointed with you, w.
                  You could have made a WC related simple competition on here with the winner getting a signed copy.
                  Why, oh, why, do you not love us enough for that?

I'll buy the book anway, because it's one of those I really want read then to give away, and you be sure I will suggest it to Swedish Offside Magazine to do a special on.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

That's your blurb for the second-edition dust jacket right there, wingco.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

I'll think about that one, ppv . . .

And cheers to Ursus Arctos for the Brian Phillips tip. He did the bizney!

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/The-funniest-World-Cup-book-of-all-time?urn=sow,246870

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Comment at the Yahoo post:

Where can I find his match reports on WCS? Searched for his name, 'wing commander' and the text included here and came up with nothing
                        GET IT SORTED, WCS!

Comment

Send Them Victorious

I think it might be better if people bought the book rather than finding it all on here!

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Got mine thanks. Its almost pretty. (wingco, if this is shite, you are giving me my money back via hilarious tweets/cash)

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Incidentally, WH Smiths have a couple of copies left... (where I got mine, though I am fairly sure, that knowing the staff, helped...)

Comment

Send Them Victorious

You got it at WH Smiths? Seriously?

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Just ordered the bugger through Amazon. The postage was more than the bloody book. I'd have been cheaper flying Mr Stubbs out on a promotional tour; he could have brought my copy with him and I'd have got it signed by the great man......

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Mine arrived today. Excellent stuff reading it again (although an index would've been nice).

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Black, Cilla 43, 45
                                      Piss 43, 45

Comment

Send Them Victorious

10-13 days for dispatch on Amazon. Did everyone else get that ?

Comment

Send Them Victorious

wingco wrote:
                                          You got it at WH Smiths? Seriously?
                                          Yes. But not over the counter.

Comment

Send Them Victorious

A much prompter option than Amazon and very nice people http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781846944574/Send-Them-Victorious

Comment

Send Them Victorious

It's still not reached Pinner...

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Got mine from Amazon on Saturday. Damn shame the Euro 08 pieces didn't make it, but a excited yelp of glee every page, and I mean that most sincerely, folks...

Comment

Send Them Victorious

Finally reached Pinner this lunch-time...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X