Guitar Geeks: Part 12 of a Series...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tooling around ebay the other day when I came across something that made me very happy. You've all heard of love at first sight? Well this was like that.
    It's an shop-demo, so it'll have been played (although as it's a lefty I'd imagine not that often.) That however doesn't really account for the fact that I picked it up for £54 when the RRP is £329.
    I used to hate being a lefty guitarist in the pre-t'internet days. Now it's a positive boon. You're only ever bidding against a tenth of the number of people.

http://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/products/default.asp?cID=66459289&sID=66459312

You got that for £54? You git.

Comment

i bought my eldest his first electric guitar this weekend - basic level entry starter guitar.
      it happended to be a tanglewood.
      the only other fact i know for guitar geeks, is that its very red.

Comment

Phenomenal, Hobbes! Congratulations, old chap.

Now just don't go all James Blunt (not rhyming slang in this instance) on us!

Comment

(Mark E: the idea of you having children - let alone more than one - just does not compute! You're way too happy! Still, if you get to live out your rock'n'roll dreams vicariously through them, that must be something, at least. )

Comment

(Mark E: the idea of you having children - let alone more than one - just does not compute! You're way too happy! Still, if you get to live out your rock'n'roll dreams vicariously through them, that must be something, at least. )

haha.
            perhaps i am way too happy because i have kids.

Comment

Now just don't go all James Blunt (not rhyming slang in this instance) on us
              Heh. No chance of that. This is to replace my old 6 sting Encore that I got with my first full-time pay packet. The action's got really tough and I've always wanted a 12.
              I was actually looking for a cheap 'lecky to thrash about on instead of my Hohner G3T which I want to preserve.

Comment

marke wrote:
                [i]haha.
                perhaps i am way too happy because i have kids.
                It's delerium induced by sleep-deprivation! ;-)

Comment

It's delerium induced by sleep-deprivation! ;-)

nail. head.

Comment

A hohner G3T, yesterday.

Comment

Nice guitar, Hobbes. Fifty-four quid. Quite a bargain. Mrs. House Cat and I don't have kids but the perceived wisdom is that they keep you awake nights between the ages of 0 to 4 and thirteen to eighteen.

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                        A hohner G3T, yesterday.

how much did that cost H?
                        I've been mildly tempted by one or two of those Steinberger (sp?) headless guitars on ebay recently. at as bit of a loss as to what guitar to buy next..it's getting to the stage that I can't afford the ones I want..and I'm thinking of selling a few to maybe get a Rickenbacker or a Fender custom shop strat

Comment

Oh god, I bought it nearly 20 years ago, vord. It was about £350 back then but that was in the days you paid a massive premium for leftys.
                          In fact I paid less because I got a mate to go in and order it with a £20 deposit then left the shop sweating for 3 months that they'd never get rid of this dodgy 80's style left handed guitar. Then I went in and after much wandering about half-heartedly offered then £250 for it. They bit me hand off.

you can get them for about £300 for the guitar and £350 for the bass these days I think.
                          in fact these are copies of the Steinberger Spirit GT series. Steinberger even provide all the components to Hohner, including the completely nuts trem system.
                          The Spirit itself, is an all-wood replica of the original Steinberger broom, that had an all graphite one piece body and neck (as played by Bowie on "Look Back in Anger.")
                          You can pick up the original Spirit GT Pro for about the same price as a Hohner, if not a little less in the US.

Comment

A Steinberger GT Pro with gig bag for $320. Great when the dollar is so weak.
                            http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=096

Comment

Working...
                            X