I heart Claude Makelele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heart Claude Makelele

I love the way Dickinson cites considerable ramping up of ticket prices as mere "tinkering with the commercial side". Says it all, really.

Anyway, is this gonna be the official final thread. Need to know where to post "SHUT UP TYLDESLEY YOU UNCTUOUS CUNT!" later on, see.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I just put the television on ITV4 and there was a programme on it called "Chelsea: King Of Clubs". It lasted about twenty seconds before being switched off, lest the set be chucked off my balcony, in a Keith Moon stylee.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

and it was fucking shite.

Although: the only thing I am pissed off about is that both UK channels have adverts. c**ts.

Other than that, I am knee deep in merde*... this is going to be brilliant, and you know what? even if it IS a crap canceleachotherout noscore draw, I will have watched. So no offence to all you baggages, but frankly, bollocks.

Now if I only knew who to support (Chelsea, its facking obvious, geeza)

*as in 'hsppy as a pig in shit'

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I'm minded to support Chelsea because they're from the same city that I was born in, and at least I've been to Stamford Bridge, which is more than I can say for Old Trafford.

So, let's hope that football's the winner, eh?

Actually, I might get drunk.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Of course, faced with the prospect of Roman drinking the tears of Siberian orphans from the fucking European Cup, anyone other than a fully paid-up Chelsea fan who doesn't hold their nose and support Manchester United tonight - and yes, that includes fans of Liverpool, City and Leeds United - is a disgrace to humanity. And before anyone asks, yes I would be saying the same thing about, say, Liverpool, in the event of a Liv-Che final. Which is saying a lot.

On the other hand - for the reasons EIM has outlined above - should Manchester United win, anyone whose joy is unconfined (or rather, who allows that joy to make them too forgiving, or forgetful) is not very much better.

What a miserable state of affairs. I wouldn't mind so much if it was going to be a good game.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

This is the thing, isn't it? It's quite easy to think, "Yeah, I've cracked it. I'm going to support

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

ITV Granada is certanily giving it the big build-up. They've just had a montage of well-wishing vox pops with United's "biggest celebrity fans", Christopher Biggins, Shayne Ward and Martin Fry out of ABC.

Thank God it's not Man U - Liverpool, we'd have had Sonia, Tom O'Connor and Les Dennis as well.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Taylor wrote:
                  Of course, faced with the prospect of Roman drinking the tears of Siberian orphans from the fucking European Cup, anyone other than a fully paid-up Chelsea fan who doesn't hold their nose and support Manchester United tonight - and yes, that includes fans of Liverpool, City and Leeds United - is a disgrace to humanity. And before anyone asks, yes I would be saying the same thing about, say, Liverpool, in the event of a Liv-Che final. Which is saying a lot.
                  Spot on. You'd forget that Chelsea were the bauble of the human personification of pretty much everything that has gone wrong with the world since 1990. This man is the backbone of Putinism, and the thought of him celebrating with his jackal fascist friends as they feast on the carcass of a continent is horrifying.

Set beside him, even those cunts the glazers look like francis of assisi

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Isn't Le Tarbuck Liverpool's most famous celebrity supporter? (I mean, in the same way that Eddie Large is Manchester City's most famous celebrity supporter)

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Michael Howard is liverpool's most famous supporter

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Myself and another member of this parish (I am not naming names) came to the same conclusion as Taylor. While I agree with him I'm left to feel like a cheap, used whore. Ugh I need a bath...

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Hmm. I can't help thinking that if the Manchester "three shirts per season and MUTV available to subscribers only" United plc of the 1990s hadn't been in the vanguard of turning football from a game where clubs were interested in selling season tickets and winning trophies, to one that involved multinational companies mulling over new and inventive ways to fleece fans out of their cash in boardrooms, the likes of Abramovich and the rest wouldn't have been the slightest bit interested in English football. Chelsea, in a very real way, are the rampaging monster that Dr. Manchester created.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I'm glad to see OTF's resident ManUtd fans are getting signals on their Blackberrys inside the stadium. What's the weather like over there, chaps?

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Ive opted for Man Utd. Simply because Abramovich + Terry + Cole(A)+ Drogba + Mikel + Lampard is a far more objectionable thought than Glazer(s) + Fergurson + Ferdinand + Neville + Ronaldo. Isnt it???

I can see it being worse than the two biggest non-adverts for football in the history of finals: Argentina v Germany & Juve v Milan.

Man Utd on penalties.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Teams announced:

Manchester United: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez. Subs: Kuszczak, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, O'Shea, Fletcher, Silvestre.

Chelsea: Cech, Essien, Terry, Carvalho, A Cole, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, J Cole, Drogba. Subs: Cudicini, Shevchenko, Mikel, Kalou, Alex, Belletti, Anelka.

No Ji-Sung Park even on the bench - injured, I presume?

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I'm supporting Chelsea. Firstly because all the things Taylor points out are true, and will be true for a long time to come no matter what happens tonight, and therefore the most good that can come of this is the beginning of the spectacular decline of big football. Abramovich winning would mean he will get bored sooner, and his departure will be hastened, and man United not winning can only hurt their attempts to meet the astronomical interest payments.

Lugovoi, Roman and Putin's team winning the European Cup in front of thousands of empty seats is the closest we might come to big football jumping any sharks. I want as grotesque a spectacle as possible please, and that means a Chelsea win just shades it.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I thought the first 60 mins of Juve Milan of the highest order, before they settled for pens. But I know I am in a minority on that one.

This is going to be a cracker I just know it. Off to Milino's bar. Laters.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Sky or ITV?

It's like 10 kicks in the bollocks or 15 isn't it?

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I saw four people in Manchester United shirts and two in Chelsea shirts on the way to the fish & chip shop, so my prediction is 4-2 to Manchester United, OR 0-0 and 4-2 on penalties.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

There's something about Steve Rider that just makes him suited for commentating on golf. I bet he is a mad football fan in real life, but he injects the build-up to games like this with all the passion that says "I'll go and put the kettle on, just put your feet up and I'll wake you up if anything happens".

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

I'm watching this on Sat-1 in Germany. Matthias Sammer and the host have been continuously discussing Michael Ballack for about 25 mins.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

ITV are talking about Ballack as well, making him out to be some kind of "Oliver!" story because he was, er, born in the East, and couldn't even watch West German TV when he was growing up.

They avoided the obvious pun by saying it had been questioned if had the "bottle" for big games ...

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

"I'll go and put the kettle on, just put your feet up and I'll wake you up if anything happens"
                                                Not a bad philosophy, all things considered.

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Argh, God, now they're asking Ferguson if he'd like tonight's game to be like the mythical "99". What, his team hopelessly outplayed and out-thought for 89 minutes, before two desperate swings of substitutes' boots? I fucking doubt he wants that again, no ...

Comment

I heart Claude Makelele

Mark Hughes looks like he didn't sleep last night.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X