Eurotrash 2010...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurotrash 2010...

I know we came last now - and probably got 11 points more than that steaming pile deserved but after the UK's pile I gave up on this year's show on SBS (Shown in OZ on Sunday evening with unfunny Australian co-commentators). Too many dull ballads. Too much joyless crap. A couple of fluff bouncy cheesy songs not enough to save this from being the worst Eurovision I'd seen in over 20 years at that point. Absolutely. Bloody. Dire.

I know UK came last but that Norwegian entry was diabolical.

Comment

Eurotrash 2010...

Two things:

1. I thought the standard was OK, lots of awful ballads, yes, but a fair few surprisingly good pop songs from young and eager Eurovision nations, Azerbaijan etc. Turkey and Greek entries were banging.

Overall, I think all these new and hungry nations are pushing the standards up.

2. Graham Norton was fantastic I thought, I've completely forgotten about Terry Wogan. Not only is he pretty funny, but he's got genuine enthusiasm for the songs.

Comment

Eurotrash 2010...

Max Payne wrote:
        I know we came last now - and probably got 11 points more than that steaming pile deserved but after the UK's pile I gave up on this year's show on SBS (Shown in OZ on Sunday evening with unfunny Australian co-commentators). Too many dull ballads. Too much joyless crap. A couple of fluff bouncy cheesy songs not enough to save this from being the worst Eurovision I'd seen in over 20 years at that point. Absolutely. Bloody. Dire.

I know UK came last but that Norwegian entry was diabolical.
        Julia is usually much funnier... but last night I think she seemed to be trying too hard to strike a balance between serious coverage and piss-taking.

It's almost unwatchable now, isn't it?... I managed about an hour before giving up.

Comment

Working...
        X